Website Zambia Sugar
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position in the Estate Support Department:
CAPITAL PROJECTS COORDINATOR – PERMANET (1 POSITION, MIDDLE MANAGEMENT)
The position reports to the Estate Support Services Head.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing the administration of capital projects across the business using best practice Project Management Practices. The operational performance involves providing inputs and expertise on ensuring that capital projects are aligned with the Costrac system, advise and support line management in developing and executing capital projects, ensuring all capital projects are delivered in line with the contracted scope, budget, timelines and guarantees whilst adhering to in-Country SHERQ standards and promoting world class safety practices.
Key performance areas
- Oversee implementation of capital projects assigned and managed by the EPMO to the agreed scope, until signed off and accepted by defined customers.
- Ensure the capital Constrac system is administered to agreed standards and is updated as per agreed timelines.
- Ensure overall capital cash flow is aligned to capital financial year, as per agreed cash flow plan with Group capital projects.
- Manage the working capital budget for the department, ensuring it is agreed, approved and relevant to the business.
- Liaise with ABF on approval for larger projects.
- Manage the completion of assigned capital projects, providing guidance/assistance in implementation through project meetings with team, stakeholders, and customers.
- Ensure that all contractors meet the agreed SLA’s and Zambia Sugar standards for all assigned projects.
- Evaluate the implementation of the BOQ and work standards of all assigned projects against the defined scopes and contracts.
- Facilitate the Risk Mitigation process for each project.
- Facilitate the development and updates of the capital five-year plan with all business stakeholders.
- Drive and oversee assigned projects to be completed within the approved time, budget, quality and safety requirements.
- Implement and amend the capital policy and procedures at Zambia Sugar as needed.
- Ensure adequate resourcing for specialized skills required on assigned projects.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Chemical/ Mechanical/ Electrical / C&I)
- Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- 8 years’ experience in manufacturing or industrial project management, with 3 – 4 years in project management
- Optimization Engineering experience would be of added benefit
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Membership of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to [email protected] clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 14 November 2022.
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
By submitting your application you consent to Zambia Sugar Plc processing your personal information and contacting the referees indicated in your application.