Aspire, Acquire, Prosper
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies (ZCAS) was enacted through an Act of Parliament (ZCAS Act No. 1 of 1989) for the purpose of training accountants, promoting research and advancement of learning in accountancy, finance, and related studies, providing advisory and consultancy services, and for related matters.
ZCAS seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced person to fill the position of COUNSELLOR AND PLACEMENT OFFICER on a short-term contract of six (6) months.
The position is responsible for providing guidance, counseling and job placement services to students and staff members, as well as executing the ZCAS HIV/AIDS Policy.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnoses/Identifies causes of client emotional problems and works with clients to resolve problems over days, weeks or months of prognosis to enable clients become mature, fully functioning and achieve life goals.
- Promotes awareness among students and staff members of various health problems including STI and HIV/AIDS, through provision of relevant information, education or sensitization brochures.
- Conducts awareness seminars to enable clients live a healthy life and prevent acquisition of HIV/AIDS and STI.
- Provides emotional support to clients with health problems and works with clients for a way forward (through positive thinking and behavior).
- Conducts sessions every semester to enlist healthy living (mental health).
- Arranges for specialized referral service and/or rehabilitation of clients in areas such as STI, HIV/AIDS and drug related cases/crisis.
- Helps students to adopt appropriate academic study style and gain confidence in them in times of high academic pressure, through educational and motivational talks conducted each semester.
- Creates and keeps up to date ZCAS graduate skills inventory for job placement of students in the industry.
- Sources for job opportunities, receives job offers and brings them to the attention of prospective graduates for possible placements, makes follow ups on placed graduates and maintains a database.
- Conducts job search technique trainings for ZCAS students.
- Performs any other duties lawfully assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Grade 12 Certificate with a minimum of five (5) “O” levels including English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counselling, Psychology, or any related field.
- Certificate in Psychosocial Counselling.
- At least two (2) years work experience in counselling, preferably in a learning institution.
- Must be a member of either National Guidance and Counselling Association of Zambia (NAGCAZ), Social Work Association of Zambia (SWAZ), or Psychology Association of Zambia (PAZ).
- Must be Computer literate.
Signed applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of certificates and contact details (address/telephone/email) of at least two (2) traceable referees should be sent to the address below on or before 20th March 2023. The position should be clearly marked on the envelope.
Please note that only short-listed candidates shall be responded to.
Applications should be sent to:
The Board Secretary
Zambia Centre for Accountancy Studies
P.O. Box 35243
Dedan Kimathi Road