OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG PEOPLE IN ZAMBIA TO LEARN, EARN AND GROW WITH FUTUREMAKERS BY STANDARD CHARTERED
Position: Junior Associates
What is the Youth to Work programme?
Youth to Work is the flagship employability programme within Futuremakers by Standard Chartered, the Bank’s global initiative to tackle inequality and promote greater economic inclusion for young people in local communities. The programme is funded by the Standard Chartered Foundation (SCF) and delivered by Challenges Worldwide to support young professionals become catalysts for positive change in business and communities across Lusaka.
The objective of the Youth to Work programme is to position and equip young people in Zambia with skills and opportunities to create economic and employment changes across the economy for sustainable and measurable impact.
The Junior Associates will be trained in key accredited business, consultancy and employability skills and will be placed in small and growing businesses (SGBs) to provide on-site business development, growth, and resilience support co-created with the enterprise top management. In addition, young people will be equipped with key skills for employment and/or entrepreneurship that will be used to support the wider ecosystem, other young people, and their communities.
As a Youth to Work Junior Associate, you will be provided with:
- Comprehensive training programme in professional consulting and business improvement skills, using Chartered Management Institute learning modules.
- Ongoing training and continual professional development support from Challenges during your enterprise placement
- Access to best-practice resources to guide you on placement.
- An unprecedented opportunity to gain valuable insight into all areas of an enterprise and work alongside their senior management team to develop an action plan
- An opportunity to develop your current skill set with the view to improving your employability after the programme.
- The opportunity to complete an internationally-recognised Chartered Management Institute Level 5 professional qualification to accredit your new skills after successful completion of the programme.
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses related to your placement.
The following eligibility criteria apply to all young professionals seeking to participate in the programme:
- Be 21-30 years of age or (21-35 for persons with disability).
- Hold a relevant university degree OR have a sound understanding of finance for business, demonstrated through previous work experience
- Interest in small business development and entrepreneurship
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages especially Excel and Word.
- Previous internships and voluntary work experience are an added advantage
- Ability to travel to training and work placement in Lusaka. (successful candidates based outside Lusaka will have to find accommodation within Lusaka at own cost)
- Ability to commit to a 4-month full-time placement (January – April 2021) and 2-week training
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
Should you meet the criteria stated, you will compete for an invitation to an assessment day where you will be assessed under the following competencies:
- Critical thinking
- Understanding the bigger picture
- Planning and managing work
- Managing relationships
If selected, you will be expected to:
- Travel to and from the business placement location as well as the training place
- Commit 100% of your time during the placement.
- You will be held to a code of conduct throughout the programme placement, which will be made available to you upon final selection.
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION FORM VIA: https://thechallengesgroup.com/youthtowork-youngperson/#1601364733799-1e389f6b-46e1 AND SUBMIT TO [email protected] with any requested supporting documents.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30th November, 2020
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE APPLICATION FORM THOROUGHLY BEFORE SUBMISSION!
** The Youth to Work programme is an inclusive and equal opportunity programme. Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. At no stage of the application process will candidates be required to pay any fees.