What is Marketing?
Marketing is concerned with finding out what products or services may be of interest to particular customers and how best to satisfy these interests. The role of the marketing professional is often stated to be about getting the right product to the right place at the right price with the right promotion.
- Marketing Assistant
- Marketing Executive
- Marketing Analyst
- Direct Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Executive
What skills do you need to work in marketing?
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- First-rate planning and organisation ability
- Research and analysis skills
- Creative mind set
- Able to utilise technology
- Excellent customer service skills
Where do marketing professionals work?
Marketing professionals work across all sectors from not for profit organisations to private companies. Marketing professions will often specialise in one of the following areas:
- Market research
- Print marketing
- Digital marketing
- Direct marketing
Typical work activities
- Researching customers and competitors
- Planning marketing campaigns
- Calculating marketing costs and return on marketing investment
- Writing and editing marketing materials
- Working with clients and agencies to design marketing strategies
Find out more
- Free Course – Introduction to Marketing
- Zambia Institute of Marketing
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing
- Market Research Society – MRS
Search for jobs in marketing
To find the latest jobs in marketing in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.