HELSB – Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
YOUTH OF EXCELLENCE SCHEME OF CHINA (YES CHINA) SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined here below to contest for Eight (08) Masters’ Degree Scholarships under the Youth of Excellence Scheme of China (YES China) Scholarships for the 2020/2021 Academic Year. Available are the following fields:
The Master of Laws (LL.M) Program in Chinese Law, International Master of Public Health (IMPH), Master of Intemational Economic Cooperation, Master of China Studies, The LL.M Program in International Economic Law, MBA Program for Developing Countries, The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AllB) Master of International Finance (AMIF) Program and Master’s Program of One-Belt Road Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (MOSI).
Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree;
- Be maximum age 45 years by September 2020
- Have at least 3 years work experience
- Be working in a Government Agency, Financial institution, or Research Institute at a senior level.
CONDITIONS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
Candidates should meet own cost towards:
(i) Expenses to and from the Airport;
(ii) Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
One year or Two years (1+1).
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants should submit:
- A typed application letter responding to the advertisement clearly stating the field of study desired, age and mobile phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, Certified Photocopies of Educational Certificates, Transcript, NRC, colour passport size photo and colour photo copy of pages 2 and 3 of the passport;
- Two Letters of Recommendation, one from applicants Employers and one from a Professor or Associate Professor. Telephone numbers and email addresses of the referees must be included in the letters.
- A study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (500 words).
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV and Hepatitis B tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Loans Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
P.O. Box 50464
or hand delivered to:
Room 23 (Registry)
Maxwell House,Annex Building
Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
Closing date: Wednesday 13th May 2020
For any clarification, contact us on:
+260 – 211-250726
Facebook: Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board Zambia
Linkedin: Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board
i. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. You may e-mail your applications to [email protected] or [email protected]. Any applicant who would not hear from us by Friday 29th May 2020 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful;
ii. Applicants should apply in only one field of study.
Ireen Nayame Chirwa (Mrs.)
Chief Executive Officer
HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS AND SCHOLARSHIPS BOARD
it is possible.