What is Nursing?
Nursing involves the promotion of health, healing, growth and development in order to prevent disease, illness, injury, and disability. Nursing aims to minimise distress and suffering amongst those who become ill or disabled.
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Consultant
- Nurse Midwife
- Occupational Nurse
- Occupational Health Advisor
- Community Nurse
What skills do you need to work as a nurse?
- Commitment to providing high quality care
- People focused with good interpersonal skills
- Good observational and problem-solving skills
- Highly organised
- Able to work as part of a team
Where do nurses work?
Nurses work in a number of different roles both in the public and private sector. Nurses can be based within a number of settings including: hospitals, health centres, schools, workplaces, field centres. There are four main specialisms within nursing. These specialisms are: adults, children, learning disability and mental health.
Typical work activities
- Listening to and interpreting patients requirements
- Educating and advising patients
- Monitoring and recording patients well-being
- Preparing patients for operations and treating wounds
- Administering drugs and treatments
Find out more
Watch & Listen
Search for jobs in nursing
To find the latest jobs in nursing in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.