What is Optometry?
Optometry involves assessing, diagnosing and treating eye and visual problems.
- Optical Assistant
- Lab Technician
- Dispensing Optician
What skills do you need to work as an Optometry?
- Scientific knowledge and interest in human anatomy
- Attention to detail
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye co-ordination
- Good customer service and people skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Comfortable using technology
Where do Optometry professionals work?
Optometrists usually work in hospitals, health centres, field clinics and private practices.
Typical work activities
- Examining patients eyes
- Testing and diagnosing patient vision using specialist technology
- Updating and monitoring patient records
- Issuing prescriptions
- Writing referrals to doctors
Find out more
Watch & Listen
Search for jobs in optometry
To find the latest jobs in optometry in Zambia check out www.gozambiajobs.com today.