SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019
The International School of Lusaka is inviting applications from outstanding Grade 10 (aged 14-15 years) students and Grade 12 (aged 16-17 years) students for a two-year half-scholarship in the IGCSE and IB Diploma programmes respectively, beginning August 2018. The half-scholarship covers half of the annual tuition fees. Scholarship applicants should be excellent all-round students who make a significant contribution to many aspects of school life and display a consistent record of high academic achievement. Applicants who may have overcome personal obstacles related to health, family, social, educational or economic disadvantages and shown strength of character in overcoming such difficulties will have added advantage.
1. Scholarship candidates should write a formal application letter (1-2 sides A4) to the Secondary Principal of ISL explaining why they should be considered for the scholarship.
2. Applicants should include the following documents with their application:
- Copies of all their school reports for last two years as well as any other relevant qualifications or completion certificates from those years.
- A testimonial from their school Principal/administrative Head, summarising their contribution to the academic and extracurricular programme at their current school.
- Two references, including one from a teacher of their current school.
3. The complete application package should be sent or delivered to:
Secondary Principal (Scholarship Application)
International School of Lusaka
6945 Nangwenya Road, PO Box 50121, Ridgeway, Lusaka
Deadline for delivery of completed scholarship applications is: 1600 hours, on Friday 6th April, 2018. Successful candidates will be notified on Friday 13th April, 2018.
The school’s decision is final. ISL will not enter into any correspondence or discussion with unsuccessful candidates regarding their applications or the school’s decisions on awarding the scholarships.