ZAMBIAN OPEN UNIVERSITY
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
POSTGRADUATE STUDENT RECRUITMENT
The Zambian Open University (ZAOU) is a leading private university offering its programmes through distance learning, full – time and part – time learning. It is an internationally recognized University, which is registered with the Higher Education Authority (HEA), and is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACIJ), Association of African Universities (AAU), African Council for Distance Education (ACDE), Southern African Regional Universities Association (SARUA) and the Distance Education Association of Southern Africa (DEASA).
ZAOU is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates wishing to pursue the following Postgraduate Programmes for August 2019 intake.
1.0 POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES
(a) Masters Programmes
School of Business Studies
- Master of Business Administration (Generic)
- Master of Business Administration (Human Resources Management)
- Master of Business Administration(Project Management)
School of Education
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Religious Studies
- Master of Science in Geography
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Literacy Development
- Master of Education in Management and Administration
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master of Arts in Development Studies
- Master of Arts in Sociology
- Master of Arts in Trade, Development and International Relations
School of Law
- Masters of Arts in Criminal Justice
- Master of Laws
(b) Doctorate Programmes
School of Business
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration
School of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D) in Education Management and Administration
- DoctorofPhilosophy (PhD) in History
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D) in Geography
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph D) in Early Childhood Education
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Literacy and Development
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Religious Studies
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Development Studies
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Sociology
2.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Candidates for Master’s Degree must have a Bachelor of Arts degree with a distinction, merit or credit, OR a Bachelor of Arts Degree with a pass plus minimum post qualification working experience of 5 years or more in the field of study Candidates for PhD Degrees must have a good Master’s Degree.
3.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
3.1 All applicants should deposit a non-refundable fee of two hundred kwacha (K200.00) into the following Zambian Open University Account Numbers:
ZAMBIA NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK (ZANACO), MANDA HILL BRANCH, ACCOUNT NUMBER 1031176500166 STANDARD CHARTERED BANK ZAMBIA, MANDA HILL BRANCH, ACCOUNT NUMBER0150420117700.
INVESTRUST BANK PLC, INDUSTRIAL BRANCH, ACCOUNT NUMBER 120710274654015.
3.2 Other options for paying for application fee are:
(a) Point of Sale (POS) at the ZAOU Main Campus, Lusaka West, Unity Road, Off Mumbwa Road and Regional Centres
(b) MTN Mobile
For enquiries and application forms, visit ZAOU Main Campus, Lusaka West, Unity Road, Off Mumbwa Road OR Ben Bella Road Campus (Former CHAZ Building) next to COMESA Building, Lusaka.
You can also visit our website: www.zaou.ac.zm or E-mail: admi[email protected] OR call: 0211427600/0211845469 OR 0976123055/0969672965.
You can also contact our Regional Centres on the following phone numbers:
Chipata: 0978333615; Kabwe: 0977890101; Kasama: 0977615235; Kitwe: 0979968669 OR 02224628; Livingstone: 0978947960/0977702905 OR 03323022; Lusaka: 0976123055; Mansa; 0977817631/0969140529; Mongu: 0977806309 and Solwezi: 0979910867.
Dr Fredrick Ng’andu