Your One Stop HR Business Provider
To dispense pharmaceutical preparations and proprietary drugs to patients in the medical centre following doctors prescriptions and standard dispensing instructions.
Duties and responsibilities
- To dispense drugs to outpatients, to charge accordingly and receipt for monies received.
- Pack orders for the sub-units according to duty Rota.
- To assist in the ordering process – purchase orders, update bin cards and pack received goods.
- Operate computer to in-put, check and update information necessary to the smooth running of the pharmacy and dispensing activities
- Attend to call-outs and weekend dispensing according to the duty Rota.
- To report on duty on time and in the correct attire.
- To maintain strict confidentiality towards all medical Centre business
- To ensure good housekeeping and proper storage of pharmaceutical and medical supplies in line with the regulations of Zambia.
- To report any abuse, misuse or any other matter of concern to the Senior Pharmacy Technologist.
- To perform any other duties as and when assigned by management.
- Responsible for the security and proper usage of pharmacy equipment – Fridges, Computers, Pharmaceutical drugs, supplies and chemicals
- Safety and Health of others: dispenses drugs and medicines all of which are dangerous and therefore require thorough explanation of their use. Must indicate correct dosages and issue medicines at strengths appropriate to various age and body weight groups.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full grade 12 certificate with credit in English
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- 2 years’ work experience
- Computer Literate
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Trustworthy and initiative