Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, NO-B, TA (364 Days) For Zambians Only
Job no: 502944
Work type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Nutrition, Planning, NO-2, Statistics and Monitoring
Pay Grade: NO-2
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
To provide technical support to the planning, monitoring and evaluation activities for the MDGi Programme. The purpose is to ensure UNICEF and partners fully implement the MDGi M&E framework. The end result is to strengthen real-time monitoring of the MDGi implementation with quality feedback that will enable timely action to improve outputs, realize outcomes and generate the desired impact.
Key Accountabilities and Duties & Tasks
- In close collaboration with MOH planning and policy directorate, follow up finalization of the electronic planning decision-making tool interlinking different sections within the MTEF planning handbooks (situation analysis, bottleneck analysis, monitoring for action) to ensure evidence based quality planning.
- Support the MoH MTEF planning process through provision of robust situational analysis using scorecard indicators and priority focus areas to be supported under MDGi interventions necessary to achieve programmatic goals.
- Act as the focal point for compiling the annual district plans by extracting planned interventions to be supported by MDGi funding within the district MTEF plans.
- Responsible for analyzing data (extracted from government systems,DHIS2 ) and analysis as per the MDGi M&E Framework.
- Responsible for continuously updating the established database for monitoring for action for all MDGi indicators as per the M&E Framework, including, process, output and outcome indicators.
- Provide guidance to District MDGi M&E officers on programme data analysis, reporting and organizing district data review meetings.
- Provide inputs to monthly, quarterly and annual programme updates as well as progress reports based on inputs from MOH, UNFPA and UNICEF team members at national and sub-national (including monthly reports, MDGi newsletters, quarterly report for MDGi TWG and SC meetings as well as annual report).
- Prepare indicator performance status table of each output indicators in the revised M&E framework to be included in the quarterly and annual reports for submission to the TWG and SC.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of the MDGi joint annual programme reviews.
- Participate in progress meetings and follow up actions regarding the HMIS strengthening project and monitor interventions implemented by the partner NGOs (MSZ & PPAZ).
- Prepare progress made towards implementation of ICD activities as per the ICD concept note.
- Support follow up of implementation of the Mid Term Evaluation recommendations related to planning and M&E.
- Support implementation of end line studies including preparation of TOR and review of reports from consultants.
- Proactively identify problems in achievement of programme goals through routine monitoring, and communicate to management in a timely manner.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- University degree in Demography, Public Health, Social Sciences, Development Studies and other relevant field.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Power point.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation including proven knowledge in;
- Logical framework approach and other strategic planning and monitoring approaches;
- M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory);
- Establishment and implementation of M&E systems;
- Information analysis and report writing.
- Experience in planning and M&E for RMNCH and nutrition programs.
- Experience in developing and/or using performance management tools including score card methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in health management information system (HMIS) and DHIS2.
- Experience in working in any of the 11 MDGi districts (in Lusaka and Copperbelt Provinces) and government counterparts.
- Experience in conducting program reviews and field support/supervision
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Working with People
- Drive for Result
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Application close: Feb 27 2017 Jordan Standard Time