Job Title: Storeman
Location: Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Warehouse Officer
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Storeman
Reporting to the Warehouse Officer, you will be responsible for providing warehousing and distribution support to site users of the warehousing system through the receipt, issue, maintenance and delivery of goods in accordance with agreed customer service levels. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Immediate response to customer’s demands for stock items generated through both on-line and manual stock requisitions
- Ensure that where required goods are stored according to the suppliers/manufacturer’s instructions (E.g. Air conditioned away from direct light, dry and protected).
- Understand criticality of binning of Goods and can demonstrate binning of items correctly.
- Ensure that goods requiring special handling or storage risk are handled as per safety policy and requirements.
- Meet the set target of number of line items to be issued and received on a daily basis.
- Identify problems or possible improvements in our activities, services or procedure and report accordingly to the supervisor.
- Update in Pronto all issues made or being returned into stock within 48 hours.
- Keep the Pick Back log less than 10 by the end of every week.
- Receive goods on site of the right quality, quantity and from the right source.
- Report all discrepancies and take corrective action within 48 hours.
- Operation of forklift for works associated with day to day activities in the warehouse and yard.
- Ensure that there is an uninterrupted flow of required goods and materials to LMC operations.
- Ensure that incoming stock, direct charge purchases and contractors materials are safely off-loaded before being on-forwarded to their correct delivery or storage location.
- Maintain the condition and shelf life of stock.
- Ensure the accurate identification and labeling of stock items
To be considered for the position, the applicant must have the following qualifications, experience, skills and attributes:
- Minimum of a Certificate in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ previous experience in warehouse & inventory management preferably in the mining environment.
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be computer literate with competence in MS excel with exposure to Pronto or equivalent.
- Must have a Valid Zambian driving licence
- Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing & Supply
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://jobs.barrick.com/jobs/storeman-939 →