Website Restless Development Zambia
ABOUT RESTLESS DEVELOPMENT
We know young people have the power to solve the challenges we face in our world, but they are being side-lined. We are the agency that works with young people so they can lead in solving those challenges. Whether that means supporting communities to end child marriage or prevent HIV, we work with young people to change their lives and the lives of people in their communities. Our programmes are genuinely life-changing, but we can’t do any of this without talented, creative individuals at every level of our organisation.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
Restless Development seeks a consultant or firm with relevant expertise to design and construct a comprehensive website that will be used as a platform for advocacy on the improvement of service provision for young people.
Restless Development in collaboration with GIZ is implementing the Aim Youth Power Project that is aimed at supporting Youth-led accountability of duty bearers through a network of 15 Youth-focused and youth-led organizations. The project will strengthen the capacity of these 15 CSO so that they can inform and influence state actors on service provision pertaining to young people and take action for dialogue between stake actors and young people.
The overarching objective of this project is to improve young Zambians’ access to accountable institutions, justice, and transparent state decision-making processes. The project will collect data, as well as package and disseminate information that young people have expressed they would like access to. It will also create a platform that promotes and supports evidence-based, disaggregated data for advocacy purposes, for the youth-focused and youth-led organization to inform state actors on the performance issues of services in favor of young people
The website will act as a tool to amplify the youth-focused and youth-led organizations’ advocacy voice, highlight efforts being made in the governance service provisions programming, share lessons and recommendations as noted by the youth-led organizations, and showcase the work of the youth-led and youth-focused (the combined efforts and the individual work of the members).
The hired company/vendor/agency will be required to create (design, develop, test and implement) a web platform within the designated timeline which meets the following criteria:
- Interactive, appealing, highly usable and responsive web design: Web Designs are very subjective, we expect the hired company to showcase their best elements in delivering suitable website design options. The design and solution must be easy to use.
- Average site load-time should be reasonable.
- Able to render appropriately on a wide variety of different browsers.
- Be Secure: the design of the solution should adhere to security best practices.
- Design and final solution should adhere to accessibility and compliance requirements (as defined by the project team): The Web solution should be designed to ensure that everyone, including users who have difficulty seeing, hearing, and making precise movements, can use them.
- Secured & Authenticated Web Access Web solution should be secured in accordance with current best practices. Access to web solutions should be authenticated.
- Content Management: The solution should allow authorized project staff (or appointed personnel) to edit and update the website including the ability to create, remove, edit and publish content.
- Site Statistics/Management Reports: The solution should provide authorized users with a number of relevant reports, for example user registration, site usage, key interests/topics being discussed within the collaborative spaces and other relevant statistical data.
- Social Network Integration: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, linkedin
- Mass Email/Pop up Notification: The system should provide a feature to allow authorized content to automatically notify subscribers.
- Spam Control: The solution should provide an automated challenge system that reduces the number of spam comments/posts that either need moderation or slip through filtering mechanisms.
- Search Engine Optimisation: The solution should provide users with the ability to search for and locate content based on keywords and key phrases. Search should not be limited to articles, pages or other forms of content but should also include feedback.
- The solution must be able to accommodate the inclusion of transcripts/narrations for video content. Transcripts/Narration may be available in multiple languages. (Video could be uploaded on other websites, with streaming option on the website)
- Blog: It should be capable of having Blog(s), with different themes / designs (at least 3 themes / designs to choose from).
The website should have the following pages:
- Home Page: The first page that visitors will see when they come to the site. We intend for this page to help us in directing the user experience; the page should act as a virtual directory for the site — it should provide top-level menus where visitors can go deeper into various areas of the site. E.g. It should provide a menu with items like “about,” “contact, “press” or “news.”
- “About” Page: The primary purpose of this page is to inform the reader about the youth-led organizations and their work. The text on this page is meant to be a marketing tool for the youth-led organizations, enticing potential stakeholders with both our history and aspirations, as well as adding a human element by sharing profiles of the different organizations that make up our alliance. Additionally, we would like this page incorporated into search-engines as a way to find potential stakeholders through Web searches.
- YLOs and YFOs Progress Page: This page will share evidence, lessons and recommendations noted and collected by the youth-led and youth-focused organizations in monitoring service provision for young people. This will be done through publications on evidence collected by young people i.e status reports, policy briefs, research findings, advocacy messages.
- Contact Us” Page: This page will serve the purpose of providing information to the user on how they can get in touch with us. It is also where they will go when they have a question and want to speak directly to the network of youth-led and focused organizations. The purpose for this page will be to clearly and effectively present the method(s) of getting in touch with us as quickly as possible.
- “News/Blog ” Page: The news section of this page will share with visitors stories/updates making the news regarding Governance in Zambia especially that related to young people. This also includes news items from the youth led and focused organizations. The blog section will share information that does not necessarily fit into the ‘news’ section. It will include posts/articles written by young people on Governance.
The Consultant must be able to demonstrate the following experience and expertise:
Vendor should demonstrate and provide examples of previous experience in the performance of similar services as follows:
- Be a reputable firm with at least 3 years of prior experience designing visually appealing and navigation friendly websites;
- Familiarity and relevant experience in using different Content Management Systems (CMS), particularly WordPress;
Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java;
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking;
Demonstrate the ability to create innovative and visually appealing design; key professional staff qualifications and competence needed for the assignment:
SKILLS / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent written and presentation skills (English)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently with excellent demonstrated teamwork, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural team environment and to deliver under pressure/meet deadlines
- Ability to network with partners on various levels
- Comfortable with the necessary computer skills.
The consultancy will be required to take place from Lusaka
Activity / Milestone / Deliverable Timeframe / Deadline
- Inception Meeting with Restless Development – 18th November , 2022
- Submission of first draft of Website to Restless Development – 28th November 2022
- Submission of final draft – 9th December,2022
BUDGET AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE
Restless Development will make available a maximum budget of K20,000 tax inclusive to the successful consultant for the successful completion of the deliverables outlined.
The successful consultant shall be expected to design a work plan and corresponding budget to be appended to this Terms of Reference and approved by Restless Development before work commences.
The consultant will issue an invoice to Restless Development in line with the following payment schedule, following delivery of the outputs to Restless Development’s expected level of quality:
➔ 50% of total budget at the start of consultancy
➔ Balance payment following completion of and approval by Restless Development, of all agreed deliverables.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST SUBMISSION
Consultants meeting the above criteria are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) by email to Restless Development via the email: [email protected] with the subject line “EOI For Restless Development Zambia Aim Youth Power Website Consultancy.” BY 4th November, 2022.
Deadline: All applications should be submitted by – 4th November, 2022.
First round interviews are scheduled to take place on a date to be advised.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Follow this Link to download Consultancy Terms of Reference for more details about the assignment
WOMEN AND YOUNG CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and seeks to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.