Website Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited
Your One Stop HR Business Provider
Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Joint Country Programme (JCP) to assist in the identification and recruitment of a qualified, highly motivated and competent PROGRAMME OFFICER – BIODIVERSITY to be stationed at the Country Office in Lusaka.
Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and Dan Church Aid (DCA) have been working together with strong partnerships in Zambia for over 50 years. During this time, they have been working closely with a range of faith-based and secular partners within two overall strategic priorities, Gender Justice, and Economic Justice. Since formalising a joint country program (JCP) in 2011, NCA and DCA work together to empower rights-holders, especially women and youth. Through strong networks and alliances within Zambian civil society, they uphold and protect people’s dignity and promote their active participation in the development of their country. The JCP Zambia is a fully merged country programme where funding, technical advice, lobbying & advocacy, communication, and administration is shared and coordinated, with NCA as the lead agency. Their current programs focus on Gender Justice (including Gender-Based Violence), Climate-Smart Economic Empowerment and Fighting Inequality.
The Programme Officer – Biodiversity will be responsible for the execution of all Joint Country Programme- NCA / DCA biodiversity conservation, natural resource management and development projects. Provide support to the strategic formulation of key interventions across JCP’s thematic programs for promoting a sustainable environment, natural resource management and biodiversity conservation. Lead successful implementation of all conservation and development-focused programs and projects efficiently and effectively within expected NCA Programme standards
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Identify, nurture and manage appropriate partnerships (core, resource and strategic ones) for the delivery of key interventions at the field level in line with NCA’s partnership policy.
- Lead the identification of fundraising opportunities for Programme growth and implementation at scale.
- Lead research and analysis and provide technical expertise to support the creation and documentation of knowledge products on JCP’s work on conservation and development to feed into appropriate decision-making spaces, including the community of practice.
- Participate in strategic planning through the provision of technical input for strengthening strategies for conservation and development programming for JCP.
- Lead the identification and implementation of appropriate, co-created nature-based solutions for climate adaptation and biodiversity conservation in focal operational areas through a partnership approach
- Lead implementation of community-based natural resource management -CBNRM interventions at the field level, including training support for local CBNRM partner’s institutions at the landscape level
- In liaison with the Senior Programme Officer, promote nature-based enterprises and values chains using the MI approach around forestry, fisheries, small livestock and crop production
- Conduct relevant research and GIS mapping of key resources and inform development objectives in partnership with local communities and JCP implementing partners.
- Mobilize and provide training for partners, selected groups, and other stakeholders on the various recommended nature-based solutions (Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration; nursery setup and development, Forest Restoration; Soil and Water conservation, etc.) utilizing appropriate models.
- Ensure gender transformative approaches are employed in the project to challenge power and gender inequalities that undermine inclusive governance of natural resources, locally-led climate change adaptation and biodiversity conservation efforts.
- Develop and nurture relevant strategic partnerships for the Programme, including nurturing government relationships with key departments responsible for the management of natural resources.
- Lead the drafting of funding proposals on nature conservation and development.
- Support environmental assessments of projects and Programme using the NEAT + NCA tool.
- Conduct environmental scanning ensuring that Programme stakeholders and partners are kept informed of changing laws and policies relating to Natural Resource Management and any changes to government laws, policies and budgets that may affect the implementation of the Programme.
- Support program research actions, planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation, documentation, and dissemination of promising practices from ecological perspectives.
- Coordinate consortium partners and stakeholders to undertake joint monitoring visits with interested parties to track and document program progress within the landscape.
- Ensure project data is captured, validated, and updated on the approved Programme M&E system.
- Participate in team-building activities as required.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- GIS mapping and analysis skills
- Planning, coordination, and management skills
- Report writing and analysis skills
- Good analytical skills, and reporting writing
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Ecology or Natural Resource Management
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in Biodiversity /Natural Resources Management or related
- Must have a good understanding of the work of NGOs and prior experience related to Natural Resources Management
- Nature-based enterprise development experience and skills is an added advantage.
- Good experience and knowledge of integrated landscape approach or ecosystem-based adaptation programming
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 30 working days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE