Zambia Sugar Plc
Zambia Sugar Plc, is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group, and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the produdion and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the fdlowing positions in the Agriculture Department:
POSITION: ARTISAN INSTRUMENTATION
The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and operates within the Agriculture function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking selecton, installation (fitting), setting
up, testing, taut finding, repairing, majntajnjng Of instrumentation and control systems and
equipment across all areas of the Irrigation system at Zambia Sugar PLC.
Key performance areas
- Maintain sustainable professional relations with operations supervisors and operators.
- Carrying out daily;weekly physical inspections of control & field instrumentation machinery and equipment. These include Actuators Measurement Devices, etc
- Recording findings on checklists, and provide accurate feedback as per Maintenance Matrix or iAMP work requirements. Also feeding into Updating procedures and methods to reduce downtime & improved equipment/device performance & Reliability.
- Assessing and evaluating equipment faults — whilst utilizing RCA (5-Why) methodology investigates equipment/device errors, malfunctioning, trips and failures, & recommending improvements for instrumentation installations.
- Tune and optimise control loops to achieve optimum functionality when required to do so
- Ensure all cabinets, instrument junction boxes, instrument cables and piping and field instrurnentation are kept in clean, orderly and functional condition.
- Correct that all measurements represented on remote systems including the DCS that are not truly and accurately representing process conditions.
- Attending to repairs and breakdowns es and when required, and effectively and safely works within allowable MTR for that equipment/devices, and applying methodological techniques to carry out corrective maintenance
- Plan and organise work and resources for stop-day, shutdown and off-crop jobs and communicate to the superintendent on what is required to be done and progress on a daily basis.
- Ensuring standby equipment is available at all times and ensure effective utilisation of available time and resources, including materials.
- Ensuring that works are done to approved company procedures and standards, & following laid down procedures before doing work.
Minimum specifications / requirements areas
- Certificate – Craft apprenticeship or Craft Certificate in Control systems, mechanica fitting, electronics, or Field Instrumentation or equivalent.
- 3 years post qualification structured competence building program in instrumentation for a Craft Certificate.
- 6 years post qualification competence building program in hstrumentation for equivalent qualification, for Instrumentation artisan apprenticeship.
- Knowledge in Field instrumentation ,maintenance tool set, engineering computer station
- Detailed knowledge of field process instrumentation equipment, calibration standards and techniques.
- Able to use instrumentation/engineenng drawings, specifications, standards and equipmenf manual applicable to installing, maintaining and fault finding on instrumentation equipment and process controls.
- Proficiency in installation, maintenance and calibration of electric Actuators, pressure, level, flow and temperature measurement and control equipment.
- Ability to apply appropriate methodical faulty finding and diagnostic techniques to different equipment and control systems that include field instrumentation, analysers, pneumatic systems, electronics systems, electrical systems.
- Valid EIZ Membership
Candidates interested in applying for the above positions, should email detailed CV and copies of qualifications to [email protected] Be sure to indicate “CRM Technician” “Artisan – Mechanical Fitter” or “Artisan Instrumentation” respectively in the email subject.
No hard copy applications or phone calls will be accepted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 14 November 2020.
Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- Knowledge of computerised maintenance management systems and ICT literacy is essential
- Experience in vibration analysis, oil analysis, thermo-graphic, and Non-Destructive Testing (NOT).
- Ability to write technical reports and good communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet programmes e.g. Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Valid Driving Licence & EIZ Membership