Website BKS INVESTMENT GROUP
TRAVEL AND TOURS
Are you an Accountant seeking to advance your career in a developing institution? BKS Investment Group seeks to recruit a Junior Account to help manage the companies Travel and Tours Subsidiary. The account will work under the supervision of the administrative manager and will monitor and manage day to day transactions both revenue and expenditure. The accountant will be responsible for
BKS Travel and Tours is a subsidiary of BKS Investment Group. Our core line of business is offering Airport shuttle Service, Self-service fully furnished apartments, Car Hire and Door-to-door pickup. Other subsidiaries in the group include Construction and Real Estate, Get Cash Financial services, General supplies and Cargo Management. The role of the account will be to help manage the financial statements across the different subsidiaries and the accountant will work under the direct supervision of the administrative manager. The account will be responsible for all financial related issues. The roles and responsibilities are described below
Roles and responsibilities include;
- Complete daily revenue and expenditure entries and balance off payments at the close of business
- Banking all revenue collected and ensuring it is well accounted for
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month-end closing steps.
- Maintain financial records as per corporate policy and internal audit
- Provide support as required on accounting transactions and adjustments (accruals, deferrals and provisions), including Intercompany accounting.
- Provide support as required with manual journals and off-system payments requests ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies.
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards.
- Preparation of monthly salaries
- Assist consultant in the provision of Tax submissions and other statutory returns.
- Preparation of NAPSA contributions and processing payments.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Grade 12 certificate with at least a credit or Better in Mathematics and English
- Certificate, diploma, advanced diploma or degree in Accounting or finance
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of using manager accounting software
- Ability to work under pressure and flexible to work on Sundays
- Conversant with Zambian financial and Audit laws
To apply for this job simply send your CV and academic documents in one PDF Document with title and name being applied for. Example: Mutale Bwalya_ACCOUNTANT with updated contact detail’s and residential address clearly added to [email protected] Please be informed that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Visit our website www.bksinvestmentgroup.com or www.bkstours.com for more details.
The deadline for applications is 15rd September, 2018 by 10:00hrs