BroadReach Consulting LLC.
BroadReach is profoundly focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the globe. We empower governments, donor groups, NGOs and private companies to operate more efficiently, improving outcomes for people in need with our intelligent solutions: A combination of our people, process and our Vantage platform.
Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Executive Consultant, the Contracts, Grants and Compliance Manager oversees all critical aspects of the award/grant cycle from pre-award to post-award; develops cost proposal packages for negotiations with subcontractors; cost negotiations with clients both as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor; and any other submissions as required by the program teams. The Regional Contracts, Grants and Compliance Manager is also responsible for monitoring Program staff management of contracting activities in support of the IDeAS and RAD Projects, specifically with a focus on the administration of monthly reporting and compliance aspects of performance under designated contracts, sub-awards, grants and cooperative agreements under CDC and USAID.
Key accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to:
In your role as Regional Contracts, Grants and Compliance Manager you will:
- Negotiate, manage, monitor and coordinate all phases of awards and contracts and restricted contributions from award through close-out, including prime awards and sub-award administration, compliance, reporting, and compliance with approved budgets, contract terms, and legal or regulatory requirements.
- Ensure awards and contract budgets align with institutional and organizational budgets and forecasts.
- Work with finance and program staff to ensure that key processes and systems are in place to manage grant risk assessments, donor financial compliance, and reporting management processes.
- Review all proposed award budgets prior to submission to ensure consistency with proposal requirements; accuracy in the calculation of salaries, direct and indirect expenses; compliance with established regulations; and makes recommendations to program staff for revisions where appropriate.
- Alert program staff to any required reports to Funders and assist with development and submission; calendars and supports Program Manager/Director with co-ordination and submission of budgets, technical & program reports to CDC and USAID.
- Negotiate, draft and manage all proposed sub-contract and sub-award agreements and applications to ensure compliance with terms of contract and grant agreements between the projects and the donors. Actively monitors sub-recipients, and serve as liaison between responsible program management staff and finance team.
- Develop, implement, monitor and enforce program compliance, initiatives and activities. Develops & provides compliance reports to Program Director.
- Review of expenditures analysis
- Audit the petty cash management system through regular reviews of the system and conduct petty cash spot counts regularly to ensure all cash/cheques received are receipted and banked in a timely manner.
- Develop and monitor rates for proposal development (e.g. Loaded Rate Schedule, Consultant Rate Schedule and other proposal rate schedules).
- Work with Program Directors and the Finance team to improve internal financial reports and reporting processes to deliver more efficient, more effective, and more useful reports and analysis.
- Collaborate with program staff in development of comprehensive annual program budgets incorporating funding from restricted and unrestricted sources.
- Ensure compliance with current program budgets and spending policies, and proposes improved policies and systems regarding spending guidelines, cost savings, cost allocation, and annual planning.
- Engage with program staff across the organization to monitor and revise program budgets throughout the year and life of project(s).
- Work with Finance team during annual audit to ensure that relevant information is transmitted to the auditors in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development and reconciliation of organizational indirect cost rate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field preferred
Experience & skills
- 7+ years’ experience with financial and grant management, budgeting, and reconciliation.
- Demonstrated experience managing portfolios of prime awards and sub-awards – including award, contract, sub-contract, modification drafting, negotiation & document management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of international non-profit grants and compliance management working with and interpreting CDC and USAID applicable donor rules and regulations.
- Active experience with USG & Funder compliance, audit & sub-recipient compliance management & monitoring.
- Exposure to managing multiple projects simultaneously and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of the Uniform Grant Guidance (OMB’s, 2 CFR 200, FAR etc.) and related requirements.,
- Experience in forecasting, negotiating, implementing the US Government indirect cost rate (NICRA) to ensure full cost recovery throughout the organization.
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
- Attention to detail, precision and speed/agility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding time management and job prioritization skills
- Collaborative nature of working across different teams
- Show a systematic effort to obtain needed data or feedback; and link long-range visions and concepts to daily work, ranging from simple understanding to an awareness of the impact at large on strategies and on choices
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan work
- Be solution focused
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
- Ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, using conceptual or inductive reasoning
- Results Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Planning and Organising
- Analytical Thinking
BroadReach Culture Cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans