The Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ) htt
The position involves the collection and entry of patient data into a specified electronic health recording system. Validation and verification of the data for accurate reports to improve quality of care for the patients at health facilities.
- Enter all patient interaction data in an accurate and timely manner from all required points which could include HTC, OPD, ART, TB, PMTCT, MCH, etc ; with clear understanding of how collection from each service point should be done. This will include registers and patient files.
- Have clear data collection and data quality audit plans i.e. weekly, monthly, as needed to ensure data quality is maintained
- Assist clinical staff in ensuring all registers are available and up to date; participating in the compilation of HIA2 at the facility for reports uniformity of the data
- Ensure all collected data are entered and are up to date in the specified electronic health record system (whether laptop based into excel or via the ODK system) by periodically checking SmartCare data against register as specified in the Standard Operating Procedures document
- Support data cleaning in spreadsheets and databases as necessary
- Report to supervisor progress on data management activities, including any challenges
- Have a clear understanding of all program indicators
- Initiate and actively participate in data review meetings liaising with the District Data Coordinator and the Facility In-Charge
- Attend weekly facility and CIDRZ data meetings, prepared with questions or issues related to the clinic/facility where possible
- Be collaborative with facility staff ensuring monthly facility performance is shared with facility in-charge and displayed at visible locations within facility
- Provide reports as requested by monitoring and evaluation team
- Assist in the development of software and registers by providing feedback for improvements in new versions, and assisting in testing new versions/iterations.
- Handle computer equipment responsibly, keeping inventory of all assigned equipment.
- Handle patient data with neccessary confidentiality and follow the set data safety procedures as specified
- Diploma in Computer Studies or related fields
- Computer literacy and knowledge of data collection and entry techniques, hardware and software systems required (familiarity with Microsoft Access or similar database program required)
- Experience in data quality management
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter and detailed CV quoting Reference Number and day-time telephone number to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director, PO Box 34681, LUSAKA or email: [email protected]
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.