Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Church and Community Coordinator
Reporting to: Project Manager and Program Manager
- Support the Project Manager and Program Manager in developing a multi-year strategy for church and community mobilization for spiritual and physical transformation
- Direct the design and implementation of church and community engagement, focused on promoting integral mission.
- Assess the presence of local churches (Christian congregations) in communities and develop a strategy to mobilize stakeholders to play a key role in Community programs.
- Ensure that the gospel is clearly presented in each community where LW activities are performed.
- Coordinate and supervise the activities in Church and Community Mobilization, and hygiene and sanitation training.
- Collaborate with LWI partners to learn and share project experiences on Integral mission and work with local churches.
- Complete in due time, LWI’s regulatory compliance report, preparing a weekly work plan and a monthly report detailing the results of the CCM activities reviewed and approved by the supervisor.
- Assess the effectiveness of the Church mobilization and Community Mobilization strategy by providing follow-up and support on the needs presented in the implementation of the strategy.
- Ensure that all LWI quality standards are followed for all CCM Activities
- Develop and recommend tools and strategies for staff spiritual development in a country office
- Ensure proper capacity building of TOTs and local pastors in Oral Bible Storying techniques;
- Prepare, coordinate and direct spiritual and devotional meetings and retreats with the staff, to share the word of God and cultivate authentic Christian community among the staff.
- Perform any other duties in line of work line as shall be requested by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Degree in Business Administration / social studies / Theology or a related field.
- Proven experience working with churches and organizations to develop strategic missions
- Four (4) or more years of experience working in middle to senior management positions.
- Experience and a high degree of discernment around the promotion, equipping and ongoing encouragement of the practice of integral mission at the local church level
- Knowledge and application of tools and methods that support Church and Community Mobilization
- Skills in communicating the stories of transformation (MSC) and promote the Flourish model among staff, partners, strategic network alliances etc.
- Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Understanding and practice of integral mission
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Coordinating, Facilitation and People management skills
- Public Relations
- Networking and building strategic alliances
- License to drive a manual vehicle
- A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
- Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
- LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
- We encourage you to visit our website: www.water.cc for more information about our work.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.