Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 2,000 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.2% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
COMMUNITY LIASION OFFICER (x1)
This position reports to the Superintendent – Community & Stakeholder Relations
Core Purpose of the Position
To promote high level of collaboration, communication and cooperation with local leaders, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and other stakeholders at community and higher levels for effective implementation of CSR programs.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Assist the Manager CSR in implementing and managing corporate social responsibility programs on behalf of the company.
- Ensure effective liaison with communities directly and through their leaders, representatives and local structures.
- Implementation of strategic communication programs for both key messages and behaviour change using Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
- Sensitisation and mobilization of communities surrounding mine area.
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of socio-economic programmes in communities.
- Participate in the preparation of progress reports, annual plans and budgeting for project activities.
- Facilitate identification of appropriate interventions and develop capacity in communities to effectively participate in project cycle activities in order to promote sustainability.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- A University Degree in Development Studies, Economics, Social Work, Community Development or other related discipline.
- A full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Basic knowledge and skills in computer packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in community development work preferably in a peri urban or rural setting.
- Past experience in managing projects in communities around the mine will be an added advantage
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st July 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.