Website CopperRoseZM Copper Rose Zambia
Beautiful. Valuable. Empowered
Copper Rose Zambia (CRZ) is the largest youth-led organization working towards the empowerment of youth and women in Zambia. Our mission is to make a difference in the lives of women and youth through education and empowerment so that they may exhibit autonomy in order to reach their full potential and be effective leaders and agents of change in their communities. We envision a world in which every woman and young person is happy, healthy and living to their full potential. Our main thematic areas of work are 1) Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), 2) Menstrual Health Management (MHM), 3) Economic Empowerment and 4) Leadership and Mentorship.
About the Project
MOMENTUM Zambia Field Support (MCGL) is a three-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to improving the health status of Women and Children. This will be achieved through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) care. Working in two provinces, Northern and Central, MCGL will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Location: Northern province, Kasama
Reports to: Provincial Technical Assistance Lead
Youth and Gender Officer (YGO), guided by MCGL technical leads across all objectives, will work closely with provincial health office (PHO) colleagues to deliver MCGL technical assistance (TA) in line with the project strategies contributing to medium term expenditure framework (MTEF) and RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care (CoC) annual planning, support during implementation of activities, monitoring results and recommending adjustments in plans as needed.
- Foster and establish a productive working relationship with PHO staff.
- Support PHO prepare for annual planning by reviewing facility and district performance in order to prioritize interventions.
- Coordinate delivery of specialized TA from MCGL technical experts at provincial and district level.
- Contribute to the development of a youth engagement strategy on RMNCAH&N and other resources as required
- Guide PHO to institutionalize strategic interventions including routine on-site mentorship, facility adolescent and youth health reviews, service quality assessments, performance assessments, provincial and district-integrated meetings.
- Coordinate closely with the PHOs and other implementing partners in the district to ensure appropriate and effective linkages between community based and facility-based interventions.
- Contribute to MCGL annual work plan, annual Planning Cycle (MTEF) report, Sustainability Framework, annual progress reports, final activity report and other contract deliverables.
- Conduct site and community visits to monitor MTEF and RMNCAH&N CoC program implementation and provide TA.
- Support PHOs build a robust supervision system that transforms technical supportive supervision to problem solving motivational visits.
- Use standardized project management tools and techniques to define scope, budget activities, and schedule work and introduce project monitoring tools to monitor scope, schedule, and cost of MOH during the year in developing MTEF and RMNCAH&N CoC plans.
- Identify and document program successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learnt.
- Support MOH to manage changes during implementation of RMNCAH&N CoC grants in line with grant requirements.
- Submit routine reports for assigned districts in line with MCGL reporting requirements including MTEF planning report.
- Coordinate with Provincial TA Lead for MCGL direct implementation of activities in assigned districts.
- Degree in public health, nursing, clinical medicine or related field with a combination of training and experience.
- Experience working with youths, adolescents and gender related programming will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead efficient management processes and systems across a province-wide, decentralized program.
- Proven leadership, strategic thinking, team-building skills and representational skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Zambian health system.
HOW TO APPLY: Complete the application on the following link by 11:59 PM on Sunday 12th June, 2022. Candidates under 30 are strongly encouraged to apply.
Copper Rose Zambia provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. We also strive to achieve equal employment opportunities through continuing diversity enhancement initiatives. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds and with diverse experiences to apply. We are committed to evaluating applications fairly.