Cavendish University is hereby inviting suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following vacant position.
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
Main purpose of the job
The deputy vice chancellor (DVC) reports to Vice Chancellor, and may act in the place of the Vice Chancellor in his/her absence. The DVC is responsible for implementing of the academic strategic vision and mission of the University, for the quality assurance and regulatory compliance of all academic policies and programs. He or she will play a key role in cultivating and maintaining a strategic and productive relationship between the academic and operations components of the University. Working with the Vice Chancellor, the DVC will ensure that the major functions of quality Teaching, Learning and Research, relationship management with businesses, Industry and community engagement are undertaken in a conscientious manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- An earned Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or equivalent qualifications from a registered/accredited University.
- An academic Master’s Degree (at least 18 months duration) from an accredited university.
- Approved alignment of qualifications as required by government regulations.
- At least Eight (8) years teaching/research experience at a University.
- Executive level leadership experience. preferably in higher education.
- At least 15 peer-reviewed publications in recognised outlets in the field of specialisation for promotion to Reader/Senior Research Fellow and 10 to Senior Lecturer.
- Supervised a minimum of four (4) postgraduate students to completion as a principal supervisor.
- Demonstrable evidence of public or community service.
- Familiarity with the development needs of a higher education institution.
- Membership in relevant professional associations.
- Demonstrable mentorship of junior staff.
- Three (3) favorable Referees’ reports.
Interested individuals should fonvard an application letter, together with an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, certified copy of valid identification document and certified copies of all academic and professional certificates via email to:
[email protected] with the Job Title as the Email Subject.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 25th September 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org