Position: Development Facilitator – Global Partnership for Education x4
Locations: Muchinga Province (Shiwangandu, Isoka, Nakonde, and Chinsali).
Position Reports to: Project Manager /Area Programme Manager
Purpose of the position: To ensure continuity of learning for all learners during and after the COVID-19 pandemic in schools in the targeted Provinces and Districts. To prepare and provide appropriate safety measures and support for learners, and educational personnel for the re-opening of schools, as part of Ministry of General Education’s (MGS), Global Partnership for Education (GPE) Covid-19 Sector Response Programme. The Development Facilitator will also communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Program Development and Implementation
- Support the provision of psychosocial support and peer support system to teachers in target schools using practical and innovative platforms.
- Distribute solar radios with Sponsorship Data (SD) cards to vulnerable primary and lower secondary learners for continued learning
- Facilitate sensitization campaigns to minimize the negative impact of school closure for learners in the target districts.
- Provide access to psychosocial support for learners in the target districts through various platform like child lifeline and radio phone-in programs
- Collaborate with community radio stations in target districts of Muchinga and Southern provinces for airing education lessons.
- Conduct back to school campaign including community sensitization and mobilization, group and personal psychosocial support for learners.
- Facilitate monitoring of project implementation by provincial and district officials.
- Distribute teaching and learning materials including sanitary pads to vulnerable children especially girls and Children with Special Education Needs (CSEN) to incentivize their return to school.
Local Partnering and Networking
- Collaborate with local level stakeholders for effective programme implementation and sustainability.
- Represent World Vision Zambia Limited in various key meetings at district level including District Development Coordinating Committee (Education Sub Committee) for alignment of national and local priorities.
- Hold district semi-annual review meetings on project implementation with the District Education Boards Secretary (DEBS).
- Facilitate capacity building for teachers to provide remote learner support.
- Facilitate training for teachers in psychosocial support for learners
- Facilitate training for School leaders and SHN focal point persons on COVID-19 guidelines and utilization of the COVID-19 school grants.
- Train teachers and head teachers in target districts on remedial lesson provision to learners who lag behind
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DME’s) specialist, build teacher capacity for continuity of learning for learners’ pre and post COVID-19.
- Prepare and provide appropriate COVID-19 safety measures and support for learners and teachers.
- Write and submit timely monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved project decision making.
- Participate in the review of project interventions for improved quality of programming.
- Work with project DM&Es to input data into the database.
- Participate in documenting and sharing programme lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
Child and Adult Safeguarding
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme. Therefore, the jobholder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Education with minimum 5 years’ experience in relevant field.
- Degree in the relevant field or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience in the relevant field.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing essential.
- Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilisation, and facilitating and donor engagement skills.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Must be able to ride a motorbike.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire others, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 20% : field 80%
- Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.