Director, Financial Management and Operations
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life, of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development
The USAID-funded Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (Z-CHPP) supports the Government of Zambia to reduce new HIV infections through increased adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors among at-risk populations, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions and in close partnership with a range of local Zambian organizations and institutions.
Position Summary: The Director Financial Management and Operations will be responsible for overall financial management and administration of the project S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of Finances, grants, sub-grants, subcontracts, and procurements. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure compliance with Pact and USAID guidelines. The Director Financial Management and operations supervises the Senior Finance Officer and the grants Manager is directly responsible to and supervised by the Chief of Party
Key Performance Areas:
- Financial Management
- Operations and Administration
- Grants and Contracts Management
- Financial Management
- Provide leadership to the Finance team to ensure that
- Financial records are accurate (cashbooks, bank reconciliation and transactions recorded in journals entries and in Serenic financial system) so that timely and accurate donor reports are prepared and submitted to the Pact DC for onward transmission to the donor as required by the agreement
- Timely payments are made to suppliers (petty cash, checks, and electronic payments) and check accuracy of the transactions, cash is managed through in-country bank account(s) including monitoring the cash levels in the bank accounts and requesting funds on a monthly or as needed from Pact DC Review monthly Project Status Reports (PSRs) received from headquarters and provide the Chief of party and senior leadership team of the Pact Zambia office with up-to date financial status information and pipeline projections to ensure that project spending is in line with the budget and work plan and trigger actions for additional funding requirements.
- Ensure that the Pact Zambia office compiles accurate and complete VAT reports
- Grant Management, Sub-grant Monitoring and Capacity Building
- Provide leadership to ensure proper administration ofthe full cycle of sub-award management activities beginning from solicitation through selection , pre-award assessments, negotiation , monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Review and approve the utilization of Pact’s sub-award management system (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for sub-award issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
- Ensure that sub awardee budgets are managed working with the Senior Finance Officer and Grants Manager. Working closely with the Senior Finance Officer, ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of sub-award expenses. Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with grantee partners.
- Support the grants team with closeout of awards, including preparation offinal inventories, property disposition, final VAT reports etc.
- Operations and Administration
- Ensure finalisation of office policies by all units and shared with all staff
- Provide leadership to the administration and procurement team to ensure all Procurement of goods and services is made timely as requested by programs staff and according to available budget to support program implementation.
- Ensure service agreements are maintained with vendors to ensure smooth operation of the office.
Ensure regular maintenance of the fixed asset inventory of Pact Zambia Office as per Pact fixed asset policy and USG rules and regulation
- Working with HR Officer and Senior Finance Officer, Oversee the preparation of payroll, pay slips and all personnel reports on a monthly basis and present these to the head ofoffice for final approval to ensure compliance with PACT and USG regulations.
Other Responsibilities :
- Provide effective performance management, mentoring, and coaching for staff under her direct supervision.
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of her expertise and country office needs.
- Contribute to the global Grants Management Community of Practice to share best practices and lessons learned on Pact’s intranet “Mosaic.”
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Finance, Accounting or other relevant field; or, a Bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years’ experience
- Minimum eight years’ experience in accounting, operations and financial management of complex, international development assistance programs
- Demonstrated supervisory experience, interpersonal skills and team building experience
- Experience with donor financial reporting and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing budgets of $5M or more
Disclaimer: This job description summarizes the responsibilities assigned to the position; however, it does not contain an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Periodically, employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Suitable & Qualified candidate to send Application Letter & CV to [email protected] indicating the position title in the Subject line. Deadline is 14 November 2018.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.