At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
To diligently execute all draughting functions according to instructions and prescribed standards ensuring accuracy.
This position will require one to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Supervising and managing the Drawing Office activities to ensure that high quality technical drawings are produced, recorded and/or maintained.
- Prepare design drawings, details, from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by staff.
- Overseeing the computerized inventory of documents and related documents pertaining to their storage, backup, maintenance/updating.
- Design residential, civils, structural steel portal structures- drawings
- Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
- Develop equipment/material schedules and material take-offs, from drawings or sketches.
- Update drawings with revisions of various construction projects
- Maintain technical knowledge by reviewing relevant technical publications.
- Assist with day to day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting supervision on various projects where appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- Adhere to FQML practices, policies and procedures for document revision control.
- Certification of developed drawings and plans
- Liaise closely with his/her counterparts
- Other duties as directed by the Superintendent
- Full Grade 12 School certificate
- Degree/ Diploma Civil Engineering /Technology or Equivalent from a recognized institution
- Membership to relevant Professional bodies (ERB & EIZ)
- At least 6 years’ experience in AutoCAD drawing development
- Relevant Experience in construction and Civil engineering works.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focused, results-oriented professional and strong team player
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- The ability to think critically, innovate, and solve challenging technical problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction.
- Capacity to handle pressure.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times.
- MS office proficient (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficient in 3D modelling of building and civil engineering structures with Building Information Modeling Software (e.g. Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, Advance steel or Tekla BIMsight or similar sofware)
- Strong understanding of Zambian building regulations and requirements.
- Strong understanding of Civil engineering and construction standards.
- Valid Silicosis certificate