Mpande Limestone Limited
Position: Finance Supervisor
1. MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The main role of the Position is effective and efficient management of the Finance Department through thorough management of the resources of the Organization and be a key contact person with stakeholders such as, Tax authorities, suppliers, customers, financial institutions and Auditors.
2. MAIN TASKS
2.1 Manages all cash resources.
2.2 Supervises and implement the Supplies section.
2.3 Supervises and implement the Accounts section.
2.4 Supervises and implement the Taxation section.
2.5 Manages internal and external Audits.
2.6 Maintain good connection with taxation authorities and accounting firms.
2.7 Accounts and ledger set-up and books (fixed-assetsexpensesetc)
2.8 Accurate monthly financial reports and filing.
2.9 Training for Sage Pastel Financial software to appointed employees.
2.10 Incentive taxation policy applying and implementation (for equipments/goods import, corporate tax, dividend and etc.)
2.11 Withholding tax application and implementation.
2.12 Accurate VAT claiming and other tax returns submit and filing on time.
2.13 Tax planning for the company. Incentive taxation for the double taxation application between China and Zambia
2.14 Assist tax agent for certain contract settlement and invoices tracking.
3. KEY DECISIONS MADE
3.1 Decides on effective communication strategies.
3.2 Decides on cash flow management within the organization.
3.3 Decides on effective and efficient operating environment
4. SUPERVISORY CONTROLS
- Ensures that monthly reports and Audit reports are submitted on time
5. OTHER IMPORTANT CONTACTS ADVISES:
- The GM Finance on the Cash flow situation
6. LIASES WITH:
- All HODs on departmental budgets
- Sales Marketing Manager on credit facilities
- Human Resources Dept on employees remunerations
- State specific long term and short term deadlines, if any, which must be met. (For example, incumbent must ensure that all month end statements are ready by the 28th of each month).
- Ensures that monthly reports are ready by the 31st of every month
- Grade twelve school certificate with merits in English and Mathematics
9. POST SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS
- ZICA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualification or Degree in Accounting and finance from recognized university/ Chartered Accountant finalist
- Candidate should be above the age of 35 with 7 years’ experience on a similar position
11. ESSENTIAL SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED MEETING DEMANDS OF THE JOB.
- Good Interpersonal skills and the incumbent should be an extrovert. Familiar with local taxation and accounting policies.
- Employee: can suggest and advise for finance Department recruitment.
- Finance authority: can verify the vouchers from accounting departmental employees.