Position: Marketing Officer
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reporting to: Project Manager
About the Organisation:
First Aid Africa limited (FAA) is a social enterprise currently established in Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. We provide quality-driven professional first aid training to corporate organisations and communities across the continent. FAA has, in total, trained over 40,000 first aiders in East and Southern Africa over the last decade.
We deliver direct training to approximately 5000-8000 people each year; as well as providing learning resources and training materials for a variety of organizations. We also mentor new first aid trainers – ensuring the next generation of instructors can lead the way for years to come.
About the role:
We seek to recruit an enthusiastic marketing officer to join our team in Zambia. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion. The goal of this position is to deliver effective marketing programs that will help our reputation and market growth. The successful candidate will be required to:
- Undergo first aid training as part of our core staff induction protocol.
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends.
- Analyzing sales options. Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.)
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns.
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts.
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, TV etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Support the leadership team by developing strategies, coordinating project activities, participating in research efforts that directly impact marketing and sales and managing social media accounts.
- To promote FAA products and services, as appropriate
- Creating marketing materials such as white papers, case studies, and presentations
- Recognise and respond to opportunities to proactively meet customer needs
- Seek and use customer feedback to enhance services and delivery mechanisms
- Creating and interpreting a variety of reports
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned
- This role has potential for travel outside Lusaka Province
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.) is an added advantage
- Good organization skills
- At least 3 years working in a similar position
- Digital marketing experience is an added advantage
- Holder of valid drivers’ license.
Deadline: 16th April, 2019
Start date: 1st May 2019.
Gross monthly salary: ZMW9000.00
Note: Applications received after the deadline will not be read.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com