Haclisa Engineering & Supply Limited
* Please note that this job advert has been flagged up as a scam job advert with the supposed employer requesting money for testing. Please note that legitimate employers do not ask job seekers for payment – for tips on how to stay safe when searching for jobs visit www.gozambiajobs.com/stay-safe-when-searching-for-a-job.
Dump Truck Drivers transport paving materials, construction supplies, dirt, or garbage to and from various locations. They drive trucks equipped with open beds that allow for the transportation of dirt, rocks, sand, coal, or gravel.
We are looking to hire a dedicated Dump Truck Driver to transport various materials to construction sites. The Dump Truck Driver’s responsibilities include using the cranks and levers inside the truck to unload materials, supervising the loading of materials onto the truck, and inspecting the truck for any mechanical issues before and after every trip. You should also be able to safely drive and operate the truck in all weather conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transporting crushed rock, sand, and gravel to and from specified locations.
- Verifying the types of materials being transported and ensuring that they do not exceed weight restrictions.
- Ensuring that the materials are loaded correctly onto the dump truck.
- Inspecting the dump truck before and after every trip, which includes checking the oil, gas and water levels as well as the lights and tires.
- Promptly reporting any accidents, injuries or mechanical faults to management.
- Performing regular maintenance to ensure that the truck is in good working order.
- Maintaining accurate driver logs.
- Complying with all safety rules and regulations.
- Full Grade twelve School Certificate.
- Valid silicosis Certificate.
- Clean driving record.
- Proven experience operating a standard dump truck/ Excavators.
- Working knowledge of construction site safety, truck maintenance, and road safety regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.