The Health Systems Advisor I will provide technical assistance in planning and implementing training and service delivery strategies for expanding acces to comprehensive reproductive health and contraceptive services. The position provides technical assistance to the Health System, Community Access and Research and Evaluation units as well as Ipas supported sites and providers and partners in designated provinces. The position works closely with regional coordinators to plan, support implementation and monitor Ipas service delivery and access objectives. The position collaborates with other staff to develop technical content, conducts facility and provider-based supportive supervision, ensures necessary supplies are available to provide services at facility level, ensures data is collected from all intervention facilities and trainings, analyzes data, and develops reports.
PROVIDE TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE FOR INCREASED ACCESS TO CAC SERVICES:
- Supports assigned county training and service delivery resources as needed;
- Provides leadership and technical assistance in accordance with Ipas global and Africa Alliance work plan.
- Identifies, assesses and enters into partnership with training institutions, service delivery sites, government and NGOs to accomplish program goals.
- Manages the partnership and provides required technical assistance to enhance access to SRH and CAC to women and young girls.
TRAINING & SERVICE DELIVERY:
- Identifies plans and supports training for appropriate levels of health care staff.
- Provides trainee mentorship and supportive supervision and other technical support (communication, training, equipping and IEC materials) to service delivery sites to ensure provision of high quality care and increased utilization of services.
- Responsible for identifying consultants as appropriate and contributes to consultant management that includes developing consultant plans, developing scopes of work, identifying, hiring and supervising clinical and non-clinical consultants.
- Coordinates training and service delivery and other projects undertaken by Ipas as assigned.
- Ensures that there is synergy between project activities, ensures optimal utilization of organizational resources through a properly coordinated program.
- Coordinate with regional health management teams, health facility managers and service providers to ensure operationalization and implementation of MOUs between Ipas and the Health management teams and partners.
- Manages consultants assigned to deliver clinical trainings and mentorship to ensure that they adhere to the Ipas Clinical Compliance and Quality of Care SOPs
- Responsible for tracking results against benchmarks set for each program/project implemented in the counties.
- Provides programmatic support as required to Ipas intervention sites and providers to ensure provision of quality comprehensive abortion care services.
- Supervises service data entry into the organizational database.
- Ensures adherence to the Ipas Global Monitoring tool guidance for Ipas programs as well as Quality of Care in service delivery.
- Contributes to management of the health systems budget for the Alliance and accountability.
DOCUMENTATION AND REPORT WRITING:
- Works with appropriate staff and partners to develop and write reports, studies, and presentations related to Ipas training and service delivery improvement efforts; including information for donor documents.
- Submits periodic progress reports from their work plan implementation to the senior health systems advisor as indicated.
- Supports documentation and sharing of best practices working in programs overseen.
Creates budgets for planned activities and and tracks implementation and expenditure reporting in line with the organisation SOPs.
- Degree in Medicine & Surgery or Nursing or any Health related degree
- 5 – 7 years of experience required
- At least 3-4 years of experience working in health or medical field required
- Past experience in reproductive health projects and project management at county and community levels
- Must work well in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to analyse and prepare reports
- Ability to travel 60%
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Project and budget management experience
- Past experience with Ministry of Health at county and district and provincial level.
Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.