Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Hygiene and Sanitation Coordinator
Reporting to: Program and Project Manager
- Provide support to the Project Manager/Program Manager in hygiene and sanitation areas.
- Research and implement effective hygiene and sanitation promotions which are contextually/legally appropriate in country.
- Work with the M&E Officer to coordinate baseline surveys within targeted areas
- Train and oversee hygiene and sanitation facilitators as well as verify the correct application of all classes shared to the community members.
- Assess H&S data collected, analyze and develop training materials to address gaps
- Document a training plan, develop a field report of training interventions and update the Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Participate in training of community members, schools, churches and other beneficiaries in the H&S promotion strategy.
- Ensure records, reports and logs of trainings undertaken are up-to-date and submitted to the Program Manager
- Act as liaison between LWI and other WASH organizations or local partners implementing hygiene promotions
- Monitor and review promotions on a regular basis and be able to take corrective actions, if needed
- Ensure Living Water Global Quality standards and H&S guidelines are being met
- Ensure and oversee H&S Facilitators keep all supplies and materials ready to use for the classes in the communities by maintaining the proper inventory and budget
- Conduct survey baselines with areas previously established by the office, under the advice of the specialist assigned to the program
- Apply LWI Quality Standards, guidelines and procedures to develop a high-quality H&S program implementation in the community.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Professional degree in Nursing/Public Health/Social Sciences or related field
- Knowledge of participatory hygiene approaches such as SLTS/CLTS/PHAST, Community Care Groups and Community Health Clubs
- Knowledge of behavior change methodologies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, including developing multi-faceted H&S programs for NGOs.
- Evidence of completing H&S trainings such as completion certificates from LWI trainings, CLTS trainings, etc
- M&E and project management skills
- Good reporting/writing skills
- Knowledge of Hygiene and Sanitation issues in country
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Advanced English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular
- Availability to travel inside the country
- License to drive a motorcycle and manual vehicle is preferred
- Proficiency in local language is a must
1. A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
2. Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
3. Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
4. Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
5. Submit applications to [email protected] or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
6. The deadline for receipt of application letters is 1st Sept 2020 17: 00 hours, Zambian time
a) LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
b) All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
c) A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
d) ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
e) We encourage you to visit our website: http//www.water.cc for more information about our work.
f) ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.