DEPARTMENT : IT
VACANCY : IT Projects Manager – GSM and Transformation
LEVEL : Senior Manager
LOCATION : Lusaka, HQ
To own and drive successful execution and delivery of all GSM project implementations through Financial and resource management to ensure project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed upon scope, cost, schedule, and quality objectives.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Manage and drive execution and delivery of all GSM projects
- Manage Project Communication, Planning and development
- Manage Internal and External stakeholders by preparing and executing project plan requirements to ensure achievement of desired outcomes.
- Manage the business planning aspect of all projects by putting in place tools to ensure that the business achieves the desired or better outcomes
- Monitoring and Evaluation of GSM & Transformation projects
- Timely Execution of GSM Projects with execution excellence through systematic follow through and governance process
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, required.
- Minimum 5 years of previous project management experience managing various telecom project.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification preferred.
- Should be having good knowledge in OS Linux, Database & web applications, Mobile app Android / IOS, Kubernetes setup etc.
- Should be having knowledge of IN, SMSC & USSD functionality.
- Should have worked on Virtual infrastructure e.g., VMWARE
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Minimum 5 -8 years of experience in the telecommunications industry or banking services with exposure working with various regulators in the country.
- Deep knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- Solid understanding of the technical aspects of online applications, web development, Mobile Money development frameworks and tool sets.
- Industry experience or knowledge in the Zambian Mobile Consumer Products Industry with an understanding of Mobile Commerce and digital payment system success factors is highly desirable.
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
- Problem solving and analytical skills, result oriented.
- Able to work within and manage a team of professional, guiding and coordinating towards achieving common objectives.
- Strong ethics.
- Networking ability – Internal & External
- Self-starter with strong business judgment who can initiate action and follow through with well-defined solutions and action plans.
- Ability to flex leadership style to accommodate a wide variety of team member styles and leverage team diversity.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to non- technical clients at all levels of the organization.
Suitable candidates requested to apply by sending through their CV’s to [email protected]
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 10th June 2022.
Airtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is non-discriminatory on the basis of race, gender, disability or ethnic grouping.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.