Purpose of Role
Junior Mine Surveyor is responsible for the safe and efficient provision of accurate and timely survey services to mining and all departments under Kansanshi Mining Limited but not limited to field work and office duties as assigned to him by his superiors, and carry out all monthly measurements in a safe and timely fashion.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Assist in responding to identified survey needs of the company
- Responsible for the up – keep of survey instruments assigned to him/her
- Measure key positions vertically and horizontally
- Assist in downloading data and producing required format for Surpac processing
- Support the surveyor in measuring defined areas and stockpiles
- Support the surveyor in reviewing and updating safe operating procedures and instructions as necessary
- Ensure safety in all work instructions
- Assist in managing all survey equipment and vehicles to the required standards
- Ensure that survey services are effectively provided and met
- Must be able to interpret and implement mine plans and effectively achieve targets and goals.
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree or Diploma in Geodetic, Geomatic, Land or Engineering Surveying
- Minimum Three (3) years’ experience as a Junior Surveyor will be an added advantage – preferable in Open pit mine
- Valid Driving License
- Team Player
- Self driven
- Effective communication / comprehension skills – verbal and written
- Maths Skills – Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure.
- Basic computer Skills such as Surpac, GPS Controller + TGO, Theodolite software, e.t.c.
- Physical requirements – ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, lift materials
- Work independently with direction
- Defensive driving course
- Experience with Robotic Total Stations
- Experience with levelling instruments
- Experience with global position systems
- Excellent team building, communication and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in large multi open pit operations utilising GPS equipment, Scanners, Drone and associated Survey Software like Pix 4D mapper, site Studio, Trimble Business centre and Surpac a must have