Overall Job Purpose:
This role will provide assistance in the design, implementation, commissioning and maintenance of the various components of the control system and report to the Automation and Control Superintendent.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- Learn and understand the control philosophy of the process plant from a software perspective.
- Get acquainted with all the field instruments, the operation and function, including the installation and maintenance thereof.
- Get exposure to network communication, including TCP/IP, Profibus-DP, Profibus-PA and Modbus.
- Learn and understand the purpose and function of fiber optic, including installation and testing.
- Attend various courses to broaden their knowledge.
- Assist and learn regarding; the SCADA / PCS7 related changes.
- Assist and learn regarding; hardware / field related modifications.
- Assist and learn regarding; network / field instrumentation
- Assist and learn regarding; software / hardware modifications.
- Assist and learn regarding; expert system changes.
- Any other task as may be delegated upon by the software Engineers.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Basic understanding of control systems, including the function, purpose and advantages thereof.
- Must be able to use job specific hand tools.
- Understanding of system drawings, including GA’s, Wiring Schematics, termination diagrams and P&ID’s (Piping and instrumentation diagrams).
- Basic understanding of computer operating systems and hardware.
- Basic understanding of databases including SQL.
Key Job Attributes:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-disciplined and motivated.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your workload.
- Motivated to learn and deliver innovation at a technical level.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- BSc degree in Computer Engineering from a Zambian institute.
- 1 – 2 years of Experience required..
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- Ability to register as a member of Engineering Registration Board of Zambia (ERB).
- Valid Zambian drivers License.