Website Live Well
Live Well Enpowering Community Health Entrepreneurs in Zambia
Driver/Stores Officer, Live Well – Lusaka, Zambia
Live Well Zambia is seeking an efficient and highly driven Driver/Stores Officer. Live Well Social Business Limited is a for-profit social enterprise incorporated and registered in Zambia. The social enterprise operates within the legal and regulatory framework of Zambia. Its aim is to establish sustainable operations that will reliably provide access to affordable, quality health products and supplement livelihoods. Live Well aims to become financially sustainable while maintaining a clear focus on delivering social impact to underserved rural and peri-urban communities it targets and the entrepreneurs it works with. Live Well is an independent Zambian social enterprise built on decades of work by partners with deep experience supporting the livelihoods of communities. The social enterprise is part of the CARE International network and aligned with the Ministry of Health in Zambia. Live Well with partner support, has developed a business model that empowers communities as entrepreneurs to generate social impact.
To be successful in this role, you must have a keen eye for detail and be able to multi-task with accuracy and efficiency. The Stores Officer/Driver will be a member of a small team, reporting to the Procurement Officer and Operations Manager at Live Well.
This is a short term contract with the possibility of extending. The position is to be based in Lusaka.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Manage all storeroom processes, including receiving, storing, issuance, and transfer of stock.
- Perform quality control on all orders delivered and alert management of any issues.
- Ensure all procedures pertaining to storage, labeling, tracking, recall, and recording are adhered to.
- Ensure bin cards are always accurate and up to date.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory in Live Well locations to support sale of products.
- Conduct monthly stock take with the other team members across the Live Well Offices
- Ensure Live Well buildings are fully compliant with legal and licensing requirements by regulatory bodies.
- Guarantee security requirements for Live Well premises and store rooms are in place.
- Cooperate with Live Well team (GM, Procurement, Sales Officers) to support successful implementation of Live Well strategies.
- Assist in product launches.
- Escalate any pharmaceutical issues to supervising pharmacist.
- Ensure the stores area is kept clean and tidy and free from hazards at all times.
Deliver products where need to any of the sub offices across Zambia
Helping to support the sub offices in maintaining the Live Well vehicles to a high standard and being serviced regularly
Support donor and media visits logistics
Assist in product launches and making sure you have a good understanding of all the products
Any other duties as assigned
- Essential experience, capabilities and qualifications
- An experience working within medical stores would be an advantage.
- An additional qualification in stores management or health-related area will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in inventory management in the pharmaceutical wholesale industry would be an added advantage
- Minimum 3 years driving with a clean driving license
- Detail oriented and capable of working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- High integrity and a team player.
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends.
- Experience with Quick Books system an advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel will be an added advantage.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritise workloads.
Apply for this job
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] This position is for a short term contract Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given to Zambian nationals.