Website Living Water International Zambia Country Office
Living Water International (LWI)
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. A vacancy exists at Chipata WPA Office for the position of Driver on a Short Term basis:
Position Title: DRIVER – THREE MONTHS
Reporting to: PROJECT MANAGER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide a wide range of Transport (Support) services for Chipata WPA and ensure that all errands are carried out in a timely manner and all vehicles kept clean and mechanically road worthy.
- Drive and maintain all WPA vehicles with a view of facilitating staff within or outside the project area as and when called upon by Management in accordance with the needs of the Project.
- Ensure that all vehicles are kept clean and in good working condition by ensuring that they are regularly serviced in accordance with the governing transport policy.
- Advise Transport and Logistics Officer on the due dates for service and renewal of licenses/insurance/road tax of all vehicles and ensure that any repair works that are needed on the vehicles are reported immediately for action.
- Ensure that invoices for serviced vehicles and fuel are promptly attended to and submitted to relevant authorities.
- Ensure that all log books are kept up to date with each trip signed for by both the driver and the Authorizing Officer.
- Ensure that all accidents (minor or major) are reported Management and to the Police immediately and a police report obtained.
- Attend and Participate in daily devotions.
- Attend to any other issues as may be directed from time to time by supervisor
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Possession of Class B valid driving license. Class C added advantage.
- Certificate or diploma in auto mechanics added advantage.
- Defensive driving certificate added advantage
- 3 years experience
Competencies and Others
- A committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus.
- Adherence to LWI values.
- Must be a resident of Chipata
- Thorough knowledge of the road system of Chipata
- Capable of assessing risk and taking correct action.
- Ability to work long hours and in difficult terrains.
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours.
Interested candidates should send their application letter with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae with atleast three traceable references to:
The Human Resources Manager
Living Water International
Plot 50, Mwambula Crst, off Central Street, Jesmondine,
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Submit applications to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] or hand delivered to the address above or Living Water International Offices situated on Ufulu Road, off Great East Road, Little Bombay, Chipata.
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is Tuesday, 23rd May, 2023 at 17:00 hours, Zambian time.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- You are free to visit the website: http//www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.