Website Living Water International Zambia Country Office
JOB ADVERTS – VARIOUS POSITIONS
Living Water International (LWI) is a global Non-Governmental Organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provides safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Vacancies exist in Living Water International, Chipata Office for various positions on a short term basis (5 months).
1. Position Title: Procurement Officer x 1
Reporting to: Project Manager with dotted line to Human Resource/Administration Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Maintain service contracts, manage all activities associated with procurement, storage and distribution of goods and services in accordance with the LWI procurement policies and procedures
- Follow all the policies of the LWI Procurement Manual and uses all the procurement forms adequately.
- Compare prices amongst various vendors to make sound purchasing decisions
- Work within a given budget to purchase goods and services for the Country Office
- Receive and review purchase request for foods and services for clarity and compliance.
- Requests for quotations and proposals for bids
- Perform analysis of responses and information contained in quotations or proposals.
- Respond to requestors and supplier’s enquiries about status of purchase orders.
- Oversee and verify GRN entries are as per contracted terms.
- Make procurement related policy recommendations through the project manager for consideration and approval.
- Facilitate preparation of the LWI procurement plan to ensure that all procurement activities are consolidated, coordinated and executed in an orderly manner.
- Track purchase requisitions and update procurement tracker
- Engage in procurement planning with user departments.
- Providing accurate, complete, and up to date information in courteous, efficient and timely manner
- Surveying the market for process and delivery conditions to and recommending suppliers
- Performing contract administration, including liaison between supplier and user departments.
- Perform any other duties as maybe assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and supply or related field.
- 3 years experience as Procurement officer or related experience.
- Experience with I-NGO is a definite advantage.
- A member of the CIPS and ZPPA with valid practicing licence.
Competencies and Other Skills
- Must be a committed Christian, with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Possesses strong negotiation skills
- Fluency in reading, writing and speaking local language and English
- Be timely in following up on contracts and checking on backordered items
- Capable of staying within a given budget
- Has good math skills and is quick to calculate the cost of goods and services
- Is trustworthy with no record of abuse of authority or misappropriation of funds
- Proficient in Microsoft programs
2. Assistant Driller X 2
Reporting to: Head Driller
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Working with the Head Driller in all drilling activities.
- Assist with operation of drilling rig, and support equipment effectively
- Assist in loading and unloading equipment
- Assist on the working floor – normal drilling procedures.
- Mix mud for pit.
- Follow all safety regulations.
- Keep equipment and location clean and orderly.
- Understand, select, and work with hand tools.
- Perform assigned equipment maintenance.
- Perform material inventory as assigned.
- Drive support vehicles when required.
- Support mobilization of equipment and site access
- Perform any other duties that maybe assigned
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Senior Secondary Certificate
- Trade certificate is an added advantage.
- Must be able to lift 80 to 100 pounds overhead throughout the daily shift.
- License to drive a motorcycle and manual vehicle is preferred.
- Ability to learn and move up
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to work on a team.
- Should have basic math skills.
- Driving experience with Clean Driving license will be added advantage
3. Sanitation & Hygiene Facilitators x 3
Reporting to the Sanitation and Hygiene Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To ensure effective, impactful and efficient Hygiene and sanitation promotion is delivered to schools and communities through appropriate promotional methods, techniques and activities. The officer mobilises and conducts delivery of H&S promotion in designated WPA communities, working through CHWs and other Environmental hygiene delivery structures. In addition, the Officer will provide technical guidance and support to Water Solutions team.
- Mobilise and select appropriate structures for H&S promotion e.g. clusters and local leaders.
- Orientate and train specific implementation structure e.g. CHWs and cluster heads in CLTS, communication and planning skills.
- Mobilise and trigger community behaviour change through CLTS and other appropriate promotional approaches as identified from baseline and behaviour analysis.
- Monitor behaviour change progress, verify open defecation free (ODF) communities and certify communities that attain ODF status.
- Maintain detailed log of H&S work, records and databases relating to area operation.
- Provide capacity building and technical backstopping to cluster heads, CHWs and local leaders in all areas H&S promote leaders.
- Provide tailored skills training to communities in relation to skills/knowledge gaps identified during behaviour barrier analysis and in accordance to CLTS work plan. Trainings should be limited to identify skills/knowledge needs able to trigger change.
- In liaison with H&S coordinator organise WPA community ODF certification by District and National sanitation working group.
- Follow up H&S activities in communities and community implementation structures.
QUALIFICATION, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in public health, environmental health science, development studies, social sciences or
- Diploma in Water Engineering with relevant trainings in Hygiene Promotion
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role with an NGO/INGO setting with one field experience in health/WaSH sector
- Practical experience in application of HP approaches like CLTS, social marketing, CHAST, SSHE etc.
- Formal training in CLTS and practical experience in facilitating CLTS is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in designing and delivery of trainings in hygiene and sanitation for communities or schools.
- Must be a committed Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Experience in community mobilization
- Must be proficient in MS programs
- Fluency in reading, writing & speaking English
- Proficient in report writing
- Self-directed and reliable
4. Church and Community Mobilization Assistant x 3
Reporting to the Church and Community Mobilization Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Facilitate the awareness raising for integral mission among local churches, mobilization and organization of both the churches and members of communities to ensure conscious and active involvement in development initiatives in their communities. In working with the CCM Coordinator be involved in the day to day field implementation of the proposed Church and Community Mobilization interventions in WASH.
- Work with LW partners and local churches to implement project experiences in line with Integral mission.
- Implement the FLOURISH approach in WASH community development
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of TOTs on CCM and H&S trainings
- Ensure proper capacity building of TOTs and local pastors in Oral Bible Storying techniques;
- Ensure compliance with LWI requirements for program management i.e LWIS, quarterly reports, monthly reports, project specific reports, donor reports and MSC stories.
- Implement and ensure compliance to the LWI global quality standards
- Ensure that all LWI quality standards are followed for all CCM Activities
- Participate in program development activities e.g Assessments, baseline designs and evaluation.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILL AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in community development / social studies / theological training or a related field
- Proven experience working with churches and communities to develop strategic missions
- Two (2) or more years of experience working in community mobilization.
- English language skills at an advanced level
- Implementation, Facilitation and People management skills
- Public Relations & networking
Interested candidates should send their application letter with not more than four paged detailed updated Curriculum Vitae to:
The Human Resources Manager
Living Water International
50 Mwambula Cresent, off Central Street.
- Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
- Position applied for should be indicated in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
- Submit applications to [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] or hand delivered to Living Water International Offices situated at Plot 50 Mwambula cresent off central street, Jesmondine Lusaka or Living Water International, Ufulu Road, Little Bombay, Chipata. Please do not submit emailed applications to any other email address apart from what has been provided above. Any application submitted through a different email address shall not be considered.
- The deadline for receipt of application letters is Thursday, 16th March, 2023 at 17:00 hours, Zambian time.
- Preferably with own accommodation in Chipata.
- LWI in Zambia is an equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
- All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
- A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- You are free to visit the website: www.water.cc for more information about the activities of Living Water International.
- ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.