Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large–scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450 meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 718 direct employees and a further 1,966 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety with a world-class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ an experienced and qualified individual in the following position:
MINE CAPTAIN (x1)
This position reports to the Mine Superintendent.
Core Purpose of the Position:
To manage safety, quality, production and ensuring production targets are met safely.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Ensure adherence to mine regulations in the area of responsibility.
- Plan and coordinate daily, weekly, monthly and annual sectional development and production activities.
- Ensure effective allocation and utilisation of manpower and equipment.
- Enforce discipline among employees for industrial harmony and maximum production.
- Train and develop subordinates for succession planning.
- Promote adherence to safety, health and environmental procedures, identify unsafe and hazardous situations.
- Diagnose incidents and accidents by completing route cause analyses and take corrective actions.
- Identify cause for and prevent below standard operating conditions.
- Planning and monitoring of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, costs and labour.
- Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Mining Engineering or its equivalent.
- Holder of a valid Blasting License and First Aid Certificate.
- Underground mining experience at Mine Captain level will be added advantage.
- Manual driving license will be added advantage.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected] Please indicate the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 7th November, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.