Lubambe Copper Mine Limited
Lubambe Copper Mine Limited (LCML) operates an underground copper mine located in Chililabombwe District in the Copperbelt Province of the Republic of Zambia. The company also has a mineral processing plant with a capacity to process up to 2.5 Mt per annum of copper ore and produces a high – grade copper concentrate.
LCML places the highest priority on safety with a world-class safety system in place and understands its obligations to carry out mining in a sustainable manner. Its Corporate Social Responsibility programme focuses on education, agriculture, health and agriculture.
EMR Capital, a specialist resource private equity firm, owns 80% of LCML, whilst ZCCM-IH owns 20% on behalf of the Zambian Government.
LCML seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
WINDER ENGINE DRIVER (x2)
This position reports to the Foreman.
Core Purpose of the Position
To be responsible for the operation of all Winders.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Run the winding engine only at specified times.
- Observe and operate the winding engine only according to authorised signals.
- Compiling accurate shift reports.
- availability at all times from start of shifts unless there is a valid reason to leave and where another competent person is available.
- Report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the supervisor.
- Helping engineering employees to maintain equipment in the winder area.
- Adherence to Mining and Environmental Regulations.
- Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Winding Engine Driver Certificate of competency as per Mining Regulation 1425 & 1426.
- Five (5) years related work experience.
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of your e-mail. The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 8th March, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.