To assume the direct responsibility of all aspects of the Operations, including mining, processing, finance and administration, engineering, long term planning, projects, investor relations, and SHEQ. Targets will need to be met in relation to compliance with company and national standards with continuous improvement across all performance parameters.
- Implementation of appropriate procedures for excellent Safety, Health, and Environmental management systems.
- Developing, communicating, executing, and tracking approved and budgeted business and contingency plans for Mining, Processing Plant, Engineering, and Capital Projects.
- Implementing planning processes for viable operations and mining resource optimization.
- Developing a strategic life of mine plan with all operating parameters and Board-approved budget.
- Leadership of an organization that encourages teamwork, continuous improvement of operational processes, and achievement of performance targets.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- University Degree in Mining, Engineering or Social Science and a Post Graduate degree/diploma in Business Management.
- At least 10 years’ experience in managing a mining operation.
- Membership of a suitable professional board.
- Ability to interface across the employee spectrum as well as communicate at Board Level.
Mabiza is an equal opportunity employer. If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV and application letter by e-mail to [email protected]
Closing Date: 10th January 2021