Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Zambia
Position Title: Human Resources and Administration Assistant (1 position)
Supervisor: Human Resources and Administration Manager
The Human Resource Assistant will assist the Human Resources and Administration Manager in the management of day-to-day Human Resources (HR) operations for Maryland Global Initiatives Zambia activities in Zambia.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Responsible for maintaining leave records and updating the Leave Tracking Tool for all MGICZ staff, including liaising with the Finance Officer in-charge of payroll to ensure all leave taken is updated and captured on timesheets.
2. Responsible for coordinating documentation for new employee orientation, including HR checklist and all HR related Policy & Procedures.
3. Maintain employee register and ensure updates for new hires and/or terminations are made on a regular basis.
4. Maintain and update database on personnel information for all staff including updating employee dependents information, coordinating IDs for all staff.
5. Assist the Human Resources and Administration Manager in updating the training database and coordinating training requests for all MGICZ staff.
6. Liaise with the medical insurance provider on membership processing issues for MGICZ Zambia staff and ensure the accuracy of information on the same.
7. Assist Human Resources and Administration Manager in recruitment efforts specifically in the preparation of documentation for interviews, making interview calls and coordinating recruitment outcomes e.g. recruitment summary reports, feedback to interviews and carrying out reference checks.
Qualifications and requirements
1. Diploma in Human Resource Management. Bachelor’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage
2. 2-3 years of experience in a related field is preferred.
3. Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
4. Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude in Microsoft office applications, such as Word, Excel and Power point is required.
5. Prior experience working within a NGO environment is a plus.
6. Must be registered with the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.