Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Zambia
Position title: Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) x 3 Location: Western Province – Mongu (1), Southern Province – Mazabuka, Monze (2) Reports to: Provincial Coordinator
The Finance and Administration Assistant (FAA) will manage the day to day finance and administration operations of the provincial office and will perform the following duties:
- Maintaining the cash float of provincial office operational funds • Act as the organization’s known Bank Agent
- Ensure that all staff advances are liquidated and sent to Lusaka timely (after each trip, meeting or training)
- Effect timely payments of allowances to participants attending trainings/meetings
- Ensure that funds meant to support the socio-economic activities under the DREAMS intervention are requested for on time, processed and fully accounted for.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are well documented for future reference and auditing.
Human Resources and Administration:
- Supervise the Drivers and Office Assistant/Cleaner Facilitate timely completion and submission of timesheets, Leave forms and other key documentation to Lusaka Human Resource and Administration.
- Ensure effective management of provincial offices (lease, security, cleaning services, utilities) etc.
- Ensure motor vehicles above 5,000km and those needing repairs are serviced timely • Prepare the monthly fuel reports and submit to Lusaka accordingly
- Assist in the procurement of local goods and services for the Provincial Office and raising requisitions for payment and ensure the vendors used are on the approved vendors list
- Conduct Lexus searches for all vendors for every transaction
- Ensure that all vendor invoices and receipts are collected and sent to Lusaka
- Manage the inventory/stores at the provincial Office
- Ensure complete documentation and signing for all goods received or dispatched for use by the various departments/beneficiaries.
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance / CIMA II / ACCA II or equivalent from a recognized college/university
- Minimum of (3) years’ work experience in Finance and Administration
- Aged between 25 – 35 years
- Computer literate in Excel and Word
- Knowledge in accounting packages such as quick books, sunsytem, pastel etc. will be an added advantage.