Website Mary's Meals
Mary’s Meals Zambia’s school feeding Programme (SFP) was established in 2014. Mary’s Meals is currently reaching over 191,000 children in Zambia with a daily meal in 366 schools and is part of the global Mary’s Meals movement which is now feeding over 1,500, 000 children around the world and is focused on achieving the goal that every child receives a daily nutritious meal in their place of education.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Head of Programme Delivery (HoPD), the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (MELC) will play an important role in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the impact of Mary’s Meals’ Programme in Zambia.
The MELC will also develop and manage all other MEL Programme pilot projects (including electronic data collection).The MELC will also be responsible for our impact assessment work and any other studies as requested by the Head of Programme Delivery.
The MELC will be expected to lead on MEL system implementation including monitoring, Learning initiatives, support evaluations, compile lessons learnt and MEL budgeting The post holder will be expected to mentor and/or capacity build existing country Programme staff in M & E,
- Lead on the implementation of Mary’s Meals international Quick WIN project
- Oversee activities associated with impact assessment, Baseline survey and other Surveys.
With Consultation from the HoPD, develop and manage all MEL Programme pilot projects (electronic data collection).
- Coordinate the collection of key routine data on the delivery of Mary’s Meals School Feeding Programme and disseminate information to inform Programme management.
- Lead in various surveys and interviews with Programme stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Work with the School Feeding Manager, School Feeding Officers, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer to ensure the accurate and timely submission of data.
- Coordinating data entry, collation, interpretation, and statistical and qualitative analysis.
- Provide regular reports (Master MEL Monthly Data Base Reports, DFID Quarterly and Annual Data base Excel Reports, SOS Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Data base excel Reports) on progress against key indicators to the HoPD and other Managers.
- Identify any problems/ gaps/ weaknesses within our data collection and data management systems and, in coordination with the SFM and HoPD rectify them
- Coordinate stock audits and submit reports to the SLT through the HoPD
- Contribute to communications and media work as required.
- With support from the HR advisor L & D identify staff needs such as learning and training opportunities for MEL staff and work as a mentor for less experienced staff.
- Conduct training and awareness raising activities for operations and Programme staff at field level regarding MEL priorities and quality standards.
- As required, provide guidance and training to staff members on our MEL strategy, data collection methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Support development of MEL annual budget and monitor expenditures against the agreed budget.
- As requested, provide comprehensive feedback on the lessons learned/ impact of our Programme.
- Comply with Mary’s Meals Zambia policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety and other relevant policies and procedures.Skills and Accountability
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Development Studies, Education, Public Health, Community Nursing, Community Development, Social Policy, Public Administration).
Experience and Knowledge
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role within the NGO sector in Zambia.
- Familiarity with MEL methods and practices in international development.
- Experience of implementing and reporting against an agreed MEL strategy.
- Experience of coordinating data collection, collation and analysis and data audits.
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills including planning and participating in evaluations.
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Experience of training and capacity building
- Experience working on long-term nutritional/ educational impact assessments is desirable.
- Experience with digital data collection methods is desirable.
Skills and Accountability
- Holds self-accountable
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Robust data collation, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Chichewa is an advantage.
- Able to lead on implementation of MEL strategy.
- Able to communicate well across all levels.
- Report writing.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- IT skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.