Website MTN GlobalConnect
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The Specialist: Commercial & Pricing will form a part of a highly skilled group of commercial, technical experts who are responsible for wholesaling and leveraging MTN’s global fixed connectivity infrastructure, within the MTN Group and developing the external business for 3rd party carrier providers. MTN GlobalConnect and its team aims to better commercialise MTN Group’s fixed line infrastructure, thereby gaining increased revenue in global markets.
The Specialist: Commercial & Pricing will overview the Fulfilment, Pipeline/CRM Management, Monitor Revenue & Sales Commissions for Wholesale. He/she will cater to internal customers (MTN Group OpCos) and external customers (3rd parties, e.g. global carriers, ISPs, MNOs and digital players) when it comes to the fulfilment of orders. The role will develop and define initiatives to assist in strategic positioning of connectivity services to maximise revenues from MTN Group’s fixed network capacity and connectivity, as well as other assets (e.g. satellite). The Specialist: Commercial & Pricing , Monitor Revenue & Sales Commission will assist in supporting the sales teams to drive the fulfilment of services and monitor revenues as well as manage the sales commissions for the GlobalConnect team over a range of fixed connectivity products and services, including submarine cable capacity.
Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities / outputs of the position (KPA’s)
The Specialist: Commercial & Pricing will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Assist the Sales Teams to drive the global wholesale business to capture incremental revenue both internally (from OpCos) and externally (from 3rd party customers)
- Ensure the fulfilment of orders by bridging the gap between the pre-sales and post-sales teams
- Manage the customer relationship throughout the sales lifecycle while adhering to the wholesale strategic guidelines to sell fixed infrastructure for global 3rd party customers, such as digital players and global carriers
- Optimise the returns from submarine cable investments through development and application of capacity wholesale sale, lease strategies and plans
- Ensure on-time implementation and delivery of sold services by doing regular follow-ups with implementation teams and/or managed services
- Ensure full customer satisfaction over the wholesale sales/delivery process
Tailor and customize the pipeline tool/CRM to effectively manage and report on opportunities from inception to delivery and implementation
- Work hand-in-hand with MTN GlobalConnect Technical teams to manage suppliers’ expectations on the fulfilment of orders
- Work on business cases for both internal and external sales forecasts to assist in forecasting revenues and demand for MTN GlobalConnect services
- Ensure that international assets are optimised for the best possible group financial return
- Grow product demand via innovative combination of GTM strategies, pricing, financing and services
- Together with the Account Teams, manage the wholesale pipeline and the sales commissions reports
- Define, monitor and ensure the sales teams’ commissions are aligned to sales targets
- Manage performance of the wholesale activities and provide it as input to consolidated reports
- Possess the authority, presence and integrity to command respect from colleagues and from external contacts.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration between multiple MTN GlobalConnect business units to deliver accurate reports.
- Ensure that all transactions with customers are duly recorded and tracked and ensure the customers are billed and revenues are collected.
- Ensure on-time implementation and delivery of sold services by doing regular follow-ups with implementation teams and/or managed services.
- Work closely with the Head of Business Development and sales, to ensure that all process and procedures are kept to date and adhered to by the sales team.
- Ensure the fulfilment of orders and manage the customers expectations by working closely with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage and monitor the pipeline as well as monitor revenues for the MTN GlobalConnect Team
- Take ownership and management of the sales targets in order to align to sales commission structures
- Align with sales teams on the account plans and sales pipeline to track revenue targets and commissions
- Assist to drive revenues and achieve growth targets in the wholesale unit by effectively managing the pipeline and assisting on the fulfilment of orders
- Support MTN GlobalConnect to achieve wholesale strategy
- Provide inputs for sales strategy and financial reports
- Global Companies and Strategic partnerships
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Competencies)
- Minimum 4 Year Academic Degree in (Business Administration, Commerce or Marketing/Engineering)
- English, French (as advantage)
- 5+ years’ experience in reporting and or analytics within the telecommunication space, preferably in the wholesale/ enterprise / and carrier environment
- Project Management skills and Financial Acumen.
- Fixed connectivity and submarine cable business experience (desired)
- Understanding of the fixed connectivity infrastructure wholesale landscape with a focus on emerging markets
- Understanding of solution profitability and reporting in the fixed connectivity assets space
- Excellent professional expertise and market knowledge, including good understanding of the competitive environment
- Strong public relations and interpersonal skills to be able to function across multiple business lines in a multicultural environment
- Good understanding of internal processes to manage fulfilment of orders effectively
- Multi-tasking capability to manage and monitor revenues in line with efficient fulfilment and delivery of orders
- Strong networking skills to build MTN GlobalConnect professional relationships
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, organisational and planning skills to execute commercial reports and inputs form MTN GlobalConnect budgeting
- Relationship based-sales skills and strong customer focused approach
- Effective oral and written communications and public relations as well as excellent negotiation skills to be able to function across multiple business lines in a multicultural environment
- Strong computer literacy.
- Project management skills