NetOne Information Technology Limited
Position: Application Back-end Developer
Experience: 3-5 Years
Employment Location: Lusaka, Zambia.
Reporting to: Team Lead – Application Development
NetOne is a leading technology services group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be a regional player in various technology offerings and has diversified offerings including ERP designs and implementations, enterprise IT hardware integration, Software services and Data Center design & optimisation. NetOne also owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service.
NetOne is now looking for Application Developers to join the development team working on projects requiring various back end development assignments. These platforms will be to support both internal requirements for extended functions of the business and its subsidiaries and will also drive development work for third party clients as need may arise.
Back-End Web Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements. A basic understanding of front-end technologies is therefore necessary as well.
What we expect:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by a front-end developers with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Design and implementation of data storage solutions
What you need to know before applying:
- Understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors, such as LESS and SASS
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Setup and administration of backups
- Outputting data in different formats
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
Interested applicants may submit their CV’s to: [email protected]
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.