Website Open Window University
A Specialist University, with a focus on the Creative Arts.
Open Window University is a newly formed specialist university, with a focus on the Creative Arts including the Digital Graphic Design, Photography and Textile Design. It is now applying for the establishment of a School of Information Technology. Fully accredited with the Higher Education Authority, we are striving to be a forward-thinking voice for creativity within Zambia and across the continent, with a strong emphasis on relevant African centric practice. We value passionate people that are willing to grow with us, and are ready to invest in the dynamic future of our institution.
Open Window University is looking to add a new lecturer/senior lecturer in Software Engineering to our team to assist in the development and offering of the proposed BComp programme. The successful candidate will oversee all the academic needs of the programme, teach theoretically and practically, develop course content, mentor students, and participate in initiatives related to teaching, creative production, research, and social engagement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Open Window University is looking for outstanding candidates in Software Engineering, Computer Science with comprehensive knowledge of the following areas: pure programming, web programming, software engineering and/or software process models.
- The candidate is expected to make a significant contribution to Open Window University’s Participative Model of Education.
This includes primarily the following core duties and responsibilities:
- The successful development of the educational design, i.e., curriculum and learning design, and curriculum delivery, i.e., teaching, learning support, advice and guidance, coaching, mentorship, peer and collaborative learning, feedback and assessment, personal development and planning and tutoring, skills development, and access to resources, in the domain of Software Engineering.
- The enhancement of Open Window University’s performance in innovation and knowledge valorisation by conducting entrepreneurial activities with impact and profile, influencing leading edge practice, such as support of extramural contract work and business development.
- The role also includes more general support duties and responsibilities, such as quality assurance and enhancement, health and safety, and organisation-related duties and responsibilities.
- Develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse as well as creative output
- Be available for one-on-one crit sessions with students you are teaching
- Seek out educational and cultural engagements for students with relevant industry and cultural bodies
- Conduct regular evaluations to determine viability of the programme/s, and if required, recommend options for improvement
- Dedication to the development of the programme, including a progressive and dynamic approach to teaching in higher education.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Sciences (or related programmes) or equivalent professional experience.
- Completed pedagogical courses for higher education (or equivalent pedagogical expertise) is a merit for the position.
- Candidates with an Masters degrees in Information Technology/Computer Sciences will be expected to register for a PhD.
- A strong student-centric approach to ways of working and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent communication skills and style, able to communicate complex and conceptual ideas in a way that is creative, accessible, easy-to-understand, and inspiring for beginners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working as a member of a team or with other stakeholders.
- Constructive approach to team working and inclusiveness of colleagues from different backgrounds, culture, and areas of expertise.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-driven, showing initiative in identifying problems, planning, and developing creative and innovative and/or practical solutions, and managing related processes in a busy environment with conflicting priorities.
- Networking and positive working relationships both inside and outside the organisation.
- Strong leadership skills, emotional stability, and empathy towards students
To apply please send your CV to the address below. [email protected] / Attention: Open Window University / Application Deadline: 30 November 2022 Short-listed applicants will be notified by e-mail.