Lumwana Mining Company
Lumwana Mining Compactor seeks to recruit a highly energetic, committed and passion Zambians for the position of Operator – Compactor to join the versatile Mining team.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Projects, you will be responsible for daily operations of roads and dumps under Projects. Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct prestart checks on the machine before commencing work
- Ensure effectiveness of haul roads by compacting to standard and focus on safety and productivity.
- Ensure all haul roads are smooth for possible operational and reduce tire damage
- Conduct daily machine operations in a safe and productive manner to meet LMC operating standard procedures.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures pertaining to equipment operations are followed.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of equipment during its mobility among the team and increase the tire life spine
- Actively promote, monitor, and participate in safe working practices.
- Identify risks in the work area and use of correct controls.
- Not attempting any task unless trained, capable and competent to safely perform the task.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have Full Grade 12 certificate
- At least 3 years of experience in continuous operations in a mining environment
- Ability to interpret standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and manuals
- Should be able to pass Psychometric/ Dover Test
- Good Communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-disciplined with good record on work attendance/ Disciplinary
- Certificate of service from any recognized organization will be an added advantage