Lumwana Mining Company
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit highly energetic, committed and passionate Zambians for the position of Operator – PC 2000 Excavator to join the versatile Mining team.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Production, you will be responsible for daily operations of PC 200 excavator.
Your duties will include but not limited to the following:
- Conduct prestart checks on Excavator before commencing work
- Ensure effectiveness of heavy mobile equipment with focus on safety and productivity.
- Ensure the equipment is kept clean in all its interior and exterior components
- Actively promote, monitor, participate in safe working practices and identify risks in the work area.
- Not attempting any task unless trained, capable and competent to safely perform the task.
- Report all defects on the Excavator to the maintenance and mine dispatch section
- Minimize costs through efficient operations of gear by providing expertise
- Carry out any other adhoc production related requests, as necessary.
- Reporting to the Supervisor any potential unsafe activities, mishaps, incidents, accidents, injuries, or illnesses at the workplace
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must have Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Must have certificate of competence in Excavator operations
- Must have sound Knowledge of safe working procedures and mine operations
- At least three years of work experience in continuous operations in a mining environment
- Ability to operate any or all of the following Excavators 70/75T, 120T and PC2000
- Ability to interpret standard Operating procedures (SOPs) and manuals
- Should be able to pass Psychometric/ Dover Test
- Knowledge and skills in operations of hydraulic backhoe excavator will be added advantage