Out-Resource Business Support
We are looking for a skilled accountant to maintain our financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.
The Accountant job duties include working closely with our management team to create and analyze financial reports and ensure legal requirements compliance, process accounts payable and receivable and manage invoices and tax payments. Our ideal candidate holds an accounting degree and is familiar with accounting software packages, like Sage and Quickbooks.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Reconcile Cashbooks
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
- Proven accounting experience
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Good understanding of tax laws
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with accounting software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and remain motivated and positive
- An accounting degree or Final Year of ACCA/CIMA/ZICA
- Member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZiCA).