People In Need
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization with the headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, providing humanitarian assistance and development aid all over the world. For more information, please see www.peopleinneed.cz.
Our mission is to support and improve the livelihood of vulnerable people. We strive for open, informed, engaged and responsible society that would be able to address problems at home as well as in the world. We want to actively participate in shaping a society where cultural, ethnic, racial and other differences are a source of enrichment rather than conflict.
PIN’s office in Zambia is currently located in Mongu, Western province. PIN’s programme focusses on rural development using a multi-sectoral approach (agriculture, nutrition, food security, WASH, saving groups, maternal and child health, energy) and on good governance
1.2. Description of the Role
People in Need is a growing and ambitious organisation. The quality of our programmes and our impact for vulnerable population is built upon effective management and operations systems, including strong administrative and financial management. We are recruiting for a Human Resource Assistant (HRA) in Mongu to ensure the smooth running of the PIN Zambia programme’s operations, so as to enable our stakeholders to build an effective and successful People in Need’s Programme.
In this capacity the HRA must ensure implementation of transparent and reliable processes and generate accurate human resource information for the organisation and its stakeholders.
Human Resource administration:
- Ensures that the PIN Human Resources Management policies, instruments, systems and practices are aligned with local laws and are effectively practiced and adhered
- In cooperation with Management, the HRA plans HR needs of the departments, looking into relevant sources of staff, both internal and external.
- Lead all phases of recruitment process of national staff and ensures the quality standard of all the procedures, providing relevant guidance to other.
- Prepare job offers, employment contracts and their amendments and follow up on expirations and terminations of contracts
- When the contract termination is indicated, launches and coordinates with relevant management and support department members the procedures according to PIN HR procedure;
- Supervise the induction procedures, coordinates with other departments and supports adaptation phase.
- Collect necessary documents and personal data required by HR procedures manual and archive as per existing PIN systems
- Responsible for discretion of sensitive and confidential information and follows the Personal Data Protection Code.
- Enforces transparency of remuneration, benefits and bonus systems (salary scale, per diems, bonuses) and communicate to get required documentation for staff final payment
- Certifies overtime and all sorts of staff leave and keep record of leave balances
- Ensures that the feedback and evaluation procedures in her/his respective regions/departments are properly and applied in a timely manner;
- Based on outcomes from the evaluation procedure, identifies needs of professional development and informs Management for capacity development, and track progress of PIN e-learning courses;
- The HRA functions as the focal point for all staff in terms of complaints and other issues, and sends timely reports to the Head of HR and other RDD management members about such issues, to launch the appropriate procedure;
- Organize Annual Staff Retreat
- Manage, plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of protocol support for mission visits (visa, employment permit
- Networks with other HR departments within Alliance 2015 and INGO forum;
Note: All the above key responsibilities are for guidance purpose only. Specific and detailed job responsibilities would form part of the job contract of the person selected for the job.
1.3 Contractual Terms
- Duration: Long-term contract of 12 months with possible extension dependent on funding
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week.
- Leave: 24 days per annum (2 days per month).
The position will be based in Mongu, Western Province, Zambia.
2. PERSON SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
2.1 Work Experience and Knowledge
- At least 2 years of first-hand experience across personnel management;
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- BSc/BA in Human Resource, Business Administration, Social Sciences or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is essential.
- Highly organized, reliable, honest, dynamic and self-motivated, ability to work under high pressure and prioritize tasks;
- Willing to learn and grow within the organization.
- Detail oriented
3. APPLICATION PROCESS
- Please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of academic credentials/certificates, salary expectation and other data by filling in the form found on this link.
- All complete applications must be sent using the link. No hard copies will be received at the physical office by June 26, 2020 17:00 Hours (CAT)
- Due to limited resources, HR will only contact the shortlisted candidates.
- If selected for interviews, these candidates will be expected to complete a short written assessment test before the formal interview
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of 3 or more favourable written reference(s) (from your most recent employer, any other previous employer and a character reference). In case clarification is required post the receipt of complete reference forms, People in Need reserves the right to call the referees.
- Start date: July 24, 2020.