A reputable company in the hospitality and leisure industry specializing in conferencing, events, restaurants, swimming pools and rooms, is looking to recruit a head driver/mechanic.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill this position.
Reporting to the Human Resources & Administration Manager, the head driver/mechanic is responsible for maintenance and repair of all company motor vehicles and necessary equipment.
1. Diagnose and carry out skilled automotive engineering repairs, installations and preventive maintenance works in order to ensure motor vehicle availability and reliability
2. Keep track of work performed with accurate records
3. Keep details and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
4. Ensure that equipment, tools and motor vehicles are well maintained and kept clean at all times
5. Perform preventive maintenance
6. Ensure that transport service is available and provided whenever it is required i.e. transportation of members of staff and clients to and from different destinations, with strict adherence to traffic rules and regulations.
7. Maintain accurate Log books and ensure that all vehicle log books are updated on a daily basis.
8. All vehicle safety problems and accidents no matter how small, must be reported promptly
9. Obtain quotations for motor vehicle spares, bearing in mind budget and quality implications
10. Preparation of monthly fuel consumption, motor vehicle and maintenance Reports
11. Effective supervision of other drivers.
a) Certificate or better in Mechanics
b) Valid driver’s licence Class C
c) Grade 12 Certificate
a) At least five (5) years hands-on experience in a similar position
a) Alert and attentive to details
b) Ability to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively
c) Excellent documentation, communication and supervision skills
d) Thorough knowledge of the Highway Code and best practice in driving
e) Must demonstrate a high level of maturity
Applications should be submitted by Tuesday, 14th March 2023 to: [email protected]
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.